Les Terrasses de L'Alhambras

Djeema El Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

Les Terrasses de L'Alhambras Marrakech Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Bad food, poor service and overpriced May 29, 2011
Les Terrasses de l´Alhambra is located in the northeast corner of Djemaa el-Fna. It looked inviting with its three floors with balconies. The restaurant serves salads, pizza, pasta and pastires. The interior was nice, but that is how fare nice goes for this place.

I went in, walked up to the third floor and picked a table on the balcony. After waiting for what felt like an eternity, a waiter came in only to tell me that I could not have a menu. The third floor was for drinks only. If I wanted to eat, I had to go down one floor. So I did.

Again I picked a table on the balcony. After waiting for another eternity, I got a menu. The waiter was not unfriendly, but definitely did not enjoy his job. I ended up ordering a pizza and a cold coca cola. Once you order the food was served very quickly. What I did not like was that the waiter opened the can of coke before he put it on the table. It was not cold!

I had a tuna pizza with onion and black olives. The crust was thin, very dry and hard. If it had not been for the tuna, this pizza would have been absolutely tasteless.

With a dull and tasteless tuna pizza and a warm coca cola this place did not do it for me. Apart from the fact it has a balcony overlooking part the square, there is no reason to go there. It´s nothing but a tourist trap. Food is also overpriced. Dh 75 for a pizza or Dh 150 for a menu is not worth it. My best recommendation is that you avoid Les Terrasses de l´Alhambra.
View from the first floor balcony
My tuna pizza
First floor balcony
Indoor dining on the first floor
Africancrab says:
Sounds like a bad experience with the pizza. I love thin crust, but I love taste too. Thanks for sharing.
Johnpro says:
Sarah , i ate snake , i ate scorpions , i eating entrails , but many times don't trust the food from a coffee shop or from a glamor restaurant .
You have the picture from Jamaa el Fna at the night , with the stand restaurants ? there was the better dirty food :) as the Greek souvlaki with tzatziki !

Don't trust any food except your kitchen :)
Posted on: Nov 12, 2011
sarahsan says:
Giannis, I have only written about my experience!
Posted on: Oct 31, 2011
Johnpro Johnpro
Nice coffee shop with good prices . Jan 01, 2011
At the top corner of square Jamaa el fna , you can watch around almost have good view to the square .

This is more quiet than other coffee shops because they prohibited the entrance to the hucksters .

I had drink a nice espresso and some delicious sweets .

Almost the price was really cheap , 3 coffees , 3 small waters and two cakes just for 9 euro or 100 Morocain dirham .

I visited them 3 times and always left satisfied . Also they have dinner and breakfast but never try that .

The only serious bad think for me is no serve alcohol , have only beer without alcohol (: .

But to Morocco is very difficult to find alcohol (or just a beer) in coffee shops or to open (jamaa el fna area ) restaurants or the normal close ones .

Also they don’t have so many tables outside and some times you must wait for your turn :)

The building at the front :)
The kid trying to sell some biscui…
Johnpro says:
Sarah had the bad pizza syndrome :)
Africancrab says:
It seems you had a better experience than Sarah.
Johnpro says:
Very tough !!! everywhere , the restaurants ,pizzeria as you love :),coffee shops . no one serve alcohol !
in depend the hour the day the kitchen staff and many other , most of them taking the food from the freeze and straight to microwave :)
Posted on: Nov 12, 2011
Globevoyager Globevoy…
Nice restaurant with a great view Nov 23, 2010

This cafe / restaurant has a great location in Marrakech. You can find this restaurant at the far end of the big sqaure Djeema El Fna, which is in the Medina, the old city center. On both sides of the place you can enter the souks.

From one of the two upstairs terrasses you have a great view over the Square. From here you can enjoy the people and take pictures without bottering anyone.

It has local and international dishes. I ordered a delicious tomato and monzarella salad. The prices are comparable to Europe. However, local dishes tend to be cheaper.

The place was packed with tourist and all the dishes I saw looked great.

The waiters are friendly and fast.

I would definitely recomment this cafe / restautant to have lunch. The food is good and the waiters are nice. Plus the view is perfect.
View from the roof terrass
Inside the restaurant