Lenora's Ghost

114 Main St, Independence, OR, USA

Lenora's Ghost Independence Reviews

Jeredk Jeredk
The Ghost, and everything great about it. Mar 18, 2008
Nothing too fancy just a medium sized bar in a small town. But the staff is awesome and the food is great. If you happen to stumble in on a Wednesday night while school is in session you will find "The Ghost" packed. To me the prices seem to be average for the area. Like any good bar that doesn't have to obey "dirty south bible law"*. They have specials, notably $1 beers on Wednesday (College night).

There is a decent sized dance floor when you walk in and plenty of seating. You can often find live music at "Lenora's" or "The Ghost". As it is affectionately referred to by students from Western Oregon University, or us townies that never quite escaped the area.

I'm not a big fan of hip hop which is common in most bars and clubs frequented by folks my age. Unfortunately Lenora's is no exception.

Music isn't overpowering on a night where it's just a few people playing pool but if you show up on a Wednesday be prepared to get jiggy and shake it like a salt shaker.

In my experience the only downside isn't caused by the bar it's self but by the lack of people in the area. Often it will be dead (but more alive than anything else in town) until 10 or 11 at night. Even then it is unpredictable. If that is the case when you show up just order some food, a pitcher and play a few games of pool.

If you live in Salem and tire of going to the same bars and clubs every week then take the 20 minute drive to Lenora's you might enjoy it.

Oh and I almost forgot, they have a drunk bus to take you home when you're all partied out, pretty rad.

*Dirty south Bible law: I was living in the south and was not impressed with some of the restrictions on boozing. I can't remember them all of the top of my head but I do recall that beer over 6% was illegal in NC.

In addition to that we weren't allowed any specials such as happy hour or $1 beers before 9 PM etc. Very lame.

Check Independence Hotel Deals