Lennon Wall

1 Velkopřevorské náměstí, Prague, Czech Republic

Lennon Wall Prague Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Is it art or vandalism - you decide Aug 24, 2011
Given that my hometown is a mere twenty or so miles from Liverpool, home of the Beatles I felt that I had to make an effort and visit the John Lennon wall. After having a look through some of the guide books though the directions were pretty much useless. However, we stumbled across the wall completely by accident after tagging onto the back of a guided tour that had appeared in the Maltese Square.

Originally back in the 80's after the assassination of John Lennon the wall was filled with graffitti inspired by the late Beatle and also lyrics to various Beatles songs. Today though the original portrait of the slain Beatle is lost due to the ever changing paintwork that adorns the wall.

Honestly it was a bit of a let down, some of the work was quite artistic, parts of it in my opinion was not. Is it artwork or an act of vandalism..........you decide.
Johnpro says:
If found it to my way well done , i will make some shoots , if not does it matter ! because I will have real cold days in this period to Prague and is not so comfortable for long walking and explorations and I will focus to the highlights :) thank you anyway !
jeminigirl says:
If I remember rightly once across the Charles Bridge into the Mala Strana area take the very first side street you come across on your left, continue straight on through the little Maltese square and just continue carrying straight on around the cobbled area - as if you are completing a full circle, if you manage to find the wall continue a little further around and you will come to Devil's stream too :) hope that's right :)
Johnpro says:
I will be at Prague in 3 days !
If found , well done and make some pictures :)
If not , Just lost a vandal artwork :)
ellieisamazing ellieisa…
Graffeti May 08, 2009
We understood that after Johns death, some people gathered at this wall to share their grief and painted something on the wall. The secret police found out and quickly covered it over. But every night the same graffiti would reappear, many times with Johns face. They finally gave up and declared this the only wall in Prague where graffiti is legal. (I hope I got this all straight)

Related Travel Blogs About Lennon Wall

John lennon wall
John Lennon Wall, Anyone, 1980-1989-Present DayThe “John Lennon Peace Wall” stands in the quite Velkopřevorské náměstí (Grand Priory Square) of Prague’s diplomatic quarter and was a source…Lennon Peace Wall” stands in the quite Velkopřevorské náměstí (Grand Priory Square) of Prague’s diplomatic quarter and was a source…

Check Prague Hotel Deals