Len Libby Chocolates

www.lenlibby.com - : (207) 883-4897

Len Libby Chocolates Scarborough Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
If you love chocolate, this is for you! May 30, 2010
This business dates back to 1926 when Len Libby first opened his candy shop. In 1949 it was sold to Fern Hemond who has kept the same original recipes and hand-made skills intact to this day.

In 1997 they decided to make a life sized Moose and in four weeks put together a completely chocolate Moose that weighs 1700 pounds.

Besides chocolate, they also carry brittle, peanut butter candies, rock type candies, salt water taffy and ice cream, as well as an amazing number of fun and useful items for the kitchen. I especially loved the aprons they had available.

TravBuddy member vances (Vance) gave me the tip to stop here and I will always be forever grateful. This is a wonderful place for chocolate!! And who doesn’t love chocolate?
vances vances
Len Libby Chocolates Mar 22, 2008
We got back up to Maine over Easter made a trip down memory lane, returning to Scarborough and driving past the old homestead. This left us very near the Len Libby retail outlet, one of the best hand made chocolate stores around. Part of our motivation was to see whether or not our daughter recalled visits here to gawk at the store’s major attraction, Lenny.

Lenny is a 1,700-pound chocolate moose sculpture! He was unveiled when we lived here and instantly became a local icon. A secondary reason for our return was simply to learn if Lenny was still around. Incredibly, Lenny had just celebrated his eleventh birthday (sealed off and preserved by ‘confectioner’s glaze’ per one of the attendants at the store). To celebrate his birthday, Lenny was even presented with a couple of chocolate bears to keep him company.

It was very cool to see our old friend had endured (Spencer didn’t remember him at all), as well as an opportunity to buy some of their wares! I can only vouch for their sugar-free offerings, but it is always high praise from anyone sampling their chocolates and you will be amazed at the variety of unique shapes they craft. So if you happen to be on Route 1 just south of Portland, making a stop at Len Libby’s to stock up on sugar and getting introduced to Lenny is a must!
A small part of the store - it is …
Lenny with his Easter hat.
Lenny with the bears he got for hi…
Sign for the store along Route 1 (…
dodge says:
This is a very delicious review indeed :) I wonder if I can still have a bite on Lenny :p
BTW, congratz for being featured!!

vosking says:
Congrats on being featured!
Nice chocolate story, wrote one myself aswell! ;D
X_Drive says:
Do they really have "hand made chocolate stores" back on the east coast? Seems that store would get licked to the point of collapse in no time flat! And I'd help do it! :)

Related Travel Blogs About Len Libby Chocolates

A stop for some chocolate
We made our way further north and into Hew Hampshire next. We even got a semi decent picture of their welcome sign.  We made our way over a few very nice bridges and saw some very nice homes.&nb…Len Libby's Handmade Chocolates in Scarborough, Maine.  I had been told not to miss this stop by both…
Lenny the Chocolate Moose
Some people may know that Maine is full of moose, it seems one cannot drive 100 yards down the highways here and not see an "I brake for moose" bumpah stickah!  We take our moose very seriously …chocolate.  Lenny the moose is made of over 1700 pounds of chocolatey goodness!  His home is at Len Libby's Candy Shop in Scarborough

Check Scarborough Hotel Deals