Leisure Inn Sydney Central

Leisure Inn Sydney Central Rates and Deals

Leisure Inn Sydney Central Reviews

avatar2010 avatar20…
Leisure Inn, Sydney Aug 18, 2011
Leisure Inn is located very close to Central Station in Sydney, however it is not really in the heart of the CBD, it is more like in the edge. The staffs were ok, however didn’t look too friendly, and even some had a bit of problem with English. During my check in, I was given a thorough explanation about the rules, including the ultimatum to check out precisely before 10 am, or they will fine me if I checked out, say, 10 minutes after 10 am. I was also informed about the 75 AUD replacement fee should I lost my room key cards. During my 2nd day, when I borrowed 2 cups because I had invited 3 friends for tea, the front desk staff made a weird gesture of checking what day I’d check out, and how many cups I was provided, and warned me that they will fine me if I didn’t return the extra cup. The front door was locked at 9 pm, and guests have to swipe the card for entry. I start feeling that the hotel might employ the interns or trainees that doesn’t know how to relate comfortably with guests.

Facilities provided were fridge, toiletries, tea / coffee, ironing facility, laundry facility with coins (closed by 10 pm), and TV. However, the staffs don’t receive any deposits such as laptop (and telling the guests that the hotel was quite safe with cameras….). No safe deposit box in the room. Front desk is not 24 hour, so you might need to plan ahead for out of office hour check in or check out.

The nearest information centre for visitor was in Eddy Avenue, which is also close to bus stop in this street. Travelling from airport could be done with the shuttle bus (around 30 minutes) that (might) drop you straight to the hotel. Well, in my case, the bus driver dropped me at the back of the hotel, and I had to walk around the corner to find the front entry.

Walking to landmark places are possible, with 30-40 minutes to Circular Quay (near Opera House), the Fish Market, Sydney Tower, Darling Harbour, Hyde Park, Art Gallery of NSW, and China Town. Lot’s of places like café, restaurants, or pubs along George Street and Elizabeth Street. Food courts can be found in Sussex Street. Other than the usual fast food counters like MacDonald / KFC, the café belongs to backpacker hostels such as ‘Wake Up’ in Pitt Street also provides nice cheap meals and drinks. Free CBD bus is no. 555 (green bus), however it’s not that frequent and I only saw the bus twice during my 2.5 days walking in CBD area.
infernoheat infernoh…
Affordable hotel in Central location Jun 07, 2011
I stayed in Leisure Inn Central Syndey hotel because I was looking for something near to City area with a close proximity to public transport with out spending too much.

Its location is excellent as it is very very near to Central Metro Station. This made my trip so comfortable as I was able to roam around quite quickly to different places due to train access. Moreover, there is a bus station quite near to the hotel.

Hotel was quite clean, however, it was little bit noisy sometimes. My room was small, but to be honest I really did not expect too much from the hotel due to the cheap price I was paying. If you are booking a room, please make sure that you are opting for a room with window otherwise you might feel little bit suffocated. Though my room had a window but it did not have any nice views (I could see the back of some other building near by).

This hotel is best if you are on a budget and looking for spending few days in Sydney (in Central location). There is McDonald's quite close to hotel and there is an internet cafe 4-5 minutes away.

My only issue was that though I paid extra for internet charges 10$ per day, but I could not access WiFi in my room as reception was quite weak. When I mentioned it to the staff at reception, he reimbursed the full amount to me WITH OUT creating any fuss about it. If you don't need internet connection all the time, I would like to suggest that its better to go to McDonald's or the internet cafe situated near to hotel.

The staff was quite nice, friendly and helped me in getting cab for airport as well during my departure.

Leisure Inn Sydney Central Overview

Leisure Inn Sydney Central is a modern, fully refurbished hotel featuring brand new guest rooms each with its own unique charm. Stunning contemporary design elements fuse with modern liveability and convenience at Leisure Inn Sydney Central.

All our rooms are non-smoking with comfy beds and a rain shower head in each bathroom and all Superior Rooms provide double glazed windows and district outlooks. After a busy day sightseeing or business meetings, relax in your room with a cup of premium tea or coffee. Rooms all have individual climate controlled air conditioning with large writing desks and plenty of power points for all your mobile devices as well as wired and unwired internet access. Kick back and enjoy a multitude of FOXTEL channels on your LCD TV.

The hotel is opposite the major transport interchange of Sydney's Central Station, and is also a short walk to the city centre, University of Technology, ABC Studios, Sydney College of TAFE and Chinatown. The hotel is a short stroll to the best shopping, entertainment, attractions and dining options in Sydney and Darling Harbour.

Leisure Inn Sydney Central Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower