Leisure Inn Plaza Hotel Townsville

Leisure Inn Plaza Hotel Townsville Rates and Deals

Leisure Inn Plaza Hotel Townsville Reviews

YuKai YuKai
Extra guests than I bargained for May 25, 2009
In the short time I stayed at this hotel there were a few things that instantly caught my attention:

- The toilet was not flushed before I entered

- The bathroom door jammed itself on the bathroom ceiling. That's right; on the ceiling.

Structural and hygeine mishaps aside, after returning back to my room the following day after a nice day out, I found that a large swarm of tiny brown ants had gone searching and found my stash of biscuits I keep with me in my bag. It's not like I left them all over the floor either - I discovered a swarm of them coming through a crack in the outside window.

The following morning I put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door because I wanted to have a sleep in (it was a saturday), only to be startled in the shower at about 10am by the cleaning lady who did not seem to notice this sign. If it wasn't for the door jamming on the ceiling I might not have been able to grab my towel in time to save myself from more embarassment.

To be fair, the service was done with a smile, and the staff were all too happy to help me out with what they could. It was the building itself that needed the work. The hotel has been set up in an extremely old building, where the fire code means you can't have a microwave in your room, and the cracks in the walls are so large they would be in their rights to charge more for extra living space.

The restaurant downstairs provides good meals and service, and the hotel itself is right on the corner of Flinders Mall, and just a short walk from the Strand and other city centre attractions and public transport.

Overall, in my opinion it was a terrible hotel experience, only saved by the friendly service and close location to interesting things I could quickly leave and distract myself with. I would recommend this only for those who use their hotels for sleep and shower only - it is not somewhere you want to hang out or relax with a book.

FYI - There is no dedicated car park, you just need to try and find a spot around town to park your vehicle - although they do have a valet service to do this for you.

Leisure Inn Plaza Hotel Townsville Overview

The hotel is located in the heart of the city of Townsville, and it will be easy for guests to reach many shopping areas and business destinations. Travelers that stay at the Leisure Inn Plaza Hotel Townsville will be able to visit the beach as well. The Leisure Inn Plaza Hotel Townsville is only a 10-minute drive from the airport, making it easy to reach by car. If guests do not have their own transportation, they will be able to use public transportation to reach the airport and other areas. Many sites are just a short walk from the conveniently located hotel.

All of the rooms at the Leisure Inn Plaza Hotel Townsville are nonsmoking. Some of the amenities found in the rooms include air conditioning, wireless Internet access, mini bars, TV with Austar, and tea and coffee making facilities. The family rooms offer kitchen facilities.

Guests will be able to relax in the sauna and spa, and take a swim in the indoor swimming pool at the Leisure Inn Plaza Hotel Townsville. Guests can have a drink at the onsite bar. The hotel also has an onsite restaurant.

Leisure Inn Plaza Hotel Amenities

• Excursions
  • Photocopier
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower