Leicester Square

London, England

Leicester Square London Reviews

mistere mistere
A massive tourist area Jun 23, 2011
Leicester square is one of many squares in central London but it is the best place in London to visit the cinema! There are quite a few cinemas that surround the square, and they are seriously big! The Odeon has a capacity of nearly 1700! Leicester square is also the place where premieres are seen so if you are lucky you might see the some famous people!

There are also a number of statues dotted around Leicester to look at! I've also seen people stop on the small patch of grass to do tai chi before carrying on with their day! There are a massive number of tourists that come to Leicester Square every day and so things like pickpocketing needs to be guarded against. You may also get approached by people selling things that are basically tat!

I had a woman come up to me selling me lucky sprigs of some plant. I think at the time I had some change so I gave it to her. Apparently what I gave her wasn't good enough so I took the money back!! There are going to be lots of people like this so if people come up to you just say NO!

The cinemas are quite expensive as you are basically paying for location but they are worth the visit! This is a place you should see on your way to other places such as Trafalgar square, National Portrait Gallery or Piccadilly Circus.
kazarre kazarre
Leicester Square at night Mar 30, 2008
Blooming expensive to see a film there. £12.50!!

Try and Prince Charles cinema - £5 at the weekends. This where they show "Singalong Sound of Music".

There are cheap comedy nights - but you might be disappointed. We ended up going to the Thistle Hotel for a £5 (it was a bit bizarre) like being in a hotel seminar. Worth it for the experience.

Watch out for pickpockets.
peppertm peppertm
May 09, 2005
This is the center of London’s cinema land, including the Odeon, Empire, and Vue Cinemas, among others. This is also the place where you can buy tickets, at a reduced cost, to all the theatre shows that are happening in the West End that day. Also, this is where we bought our tickets for the Hop-on/Hop-off bus tour. There are lots of tourist shops here, and lots of restaurants here. There are a lot of cinemas here, and because of this, the movie premiers will be here. This is a great place to people watch, and just hang out. It’s a really good atmosphere.

Related Travel Blogs About Leicester Square

Walking around with my eyes shut!
  I visit London almost every month with work, but it\'s a very rare occasion when I get to actually look around.  When down there I work within a few minutes walk from the Tower of London…London and Leicester Square.  If you take a map and walk from one to the other then I\'m sure…
Leicester Square
Today we decide it's time to go see a play.  There is a great place in Leicester Square that sells theatre tickets for half price and we decide to see Night of the Iguana at the Lyric Theatre.&n…Leicester Square that sells theatre tickets for half price and we decide to see Night of the Iguana at the Lyric Theatre.  It's a Tennesee William's play…
From neverending sight seeing to Inebriation - my first full day in London
After a fairly laid back night the previous night, I was ready to go out and begin our exploration of the city. Nicholas from Washington and I had agreed to try to catch the daily free royal walking …London bridge, Westminster Abbey, Leicester Square(shopping and food), the British Parliament, and last but certainly not least, Big Ben. Most…

Check London Hotel Deals