Lehner's Wirtshaus

www.lehners-wirtshaus.de - 0721 / 24 95 720

Lehner's Wirtshaus Karlsruhe Reviews

Sunrise5 Sunrise5
Expensive and crowded Dec 22, 2008
First to say, it seems as if I'm an exception with my following opinion, as the Lehner's is very popular among the students in Karlsruhe and has become something like a classic. Nevertheless, I boycott this location since I was there some years ago my first and almost last time.

The Lehner's is a mixture of a bar and a restaurant, where you can get traditional German food and a - in my opinion - confined range of cocktails and longdrinks additionally to the usual beverages.

The food itself is ok, but the cocktails are rather poor. Especially during the happy hour the most popular stuff (the Long Island Ice Tea in particular) are rather a compote than a drink. There are people who deem this normal, though in my opinion a decent bar should keep its quality no matter they take the normal price or only half of it (see my review on Santo).

However, what I dislike most about the Lehner's is the fact, that at the weekends (especially when they have Happy hour) that place is so crowded that you can be happy to have square centimetres to stand around if you haven't booked a table. In fact, when I was there last time, it took me about 10 minutes to squeeze myself through the crowd to get to the toilet! I'll definitely will never go there again unless I will be forced to.

Check Karlsruhe Hotel Deals