L'education Nationale Brasserie

12 Larsbjørnstræde, Copenhagen, Denmark

L'education Nationale Brasserie Copenhagen Reviews

lauro lauro
L'education Nationale - a French Brasserie Sep 29, 2010
L'education Nationale is a french brasserie located in the heart of copenhagen in the students area in the university. the ambiance of the restaurant is very quaint - reminding me of authentic brasseries in france itself.

the only setback was that the menus are either in french or danish :P tried to ask for german lol but they dont have and thankfully my host in copenhagen - the very dependable christian kindly translated the menu for me.

as i was in copenhagen, i expected everything to be expensive - 2x expensive in germany and i was right but i am curious of how they prepare their cuisine here.

christian ordered a bottle of red wine for us and i ordered carrot juice for me. our main course was calf stew with autumn vegetables for me and duck (i forgot) for christian and as desserts - my all time favorite - crème brûlée and a variety of fromage for christian

when our orders came, served by the friendly and lovely serveuse with perpetual charming smile, the food was beyond my expectations! it was so delicious!

i recommend this french brasserie if you are in copenhagen and/or craving for a french meal!
the facade of L'education Nationale
my calf stew with autumn vegetable…
our red wine again.
lauro says:
hahaha i know christian! not only youre an excellent host but a great conversationalist as well!!!! i am honored!
Posted on: Aug 05, 2012
Chokk says:
It was a nice evening ;)
Posted on: Aug 04, 2012
Chokk Chokk
A little France in the middle of Copenhagen Sep 29, 2010
If you are one of these persons who enjoys French brasserie cooking and lifestyle, then there is also a place for that in Copenhagen. This place will cover almost all your needs and make sure that you don't miss France for too long.

Léducation Nationale is a place where the servants are French, all the fodd is French and not at least all the drinks - you cannot get a coca cola this place; even the music they play is French:D

The interior is like also French bistro when its best; the tables are small and the chairs are the ones you find any café in Paris and the light is dim. The tablecloths are chequered in red and white, and there are candle lights on the all tables.

Today I was there with my son and we had rabbit for lunch and it was great - fresh bread and together with a CH´TI blonde you cannot ask for more.

The waiters are nice and helpful; and it is a place that I often return too.

It is also a place where you can hire the whole restaurant; I have been to some wine tasting evenings there as well and they have been good as well.
A corsican beer
Chokk says:
With a smile on my face:)
Posted on: Oct 03, 2010
sarahsan says:
Sounds like a nice place, but how could you eat Peter Rabbit?
Posted on: Oct 03, 2010