Leda's Bake Shop

www.ledasbakeshop.com - (818) 386-9644

Leda's Bake Shop Sherman Oaks Reviews

Cati Cati
Mar 26, 2007
It all began with an overwhelming cupcake craving that manifested itself on Friday afternoon, as I sat in front of the computer at work counting down until it was officially the weekend. I hadn't eaten a cupcake in years, but all of a sudden I just had to have one. And not just any grocery store-sickeningly-frosted-cupcake, I wanted a top-ranked-deliciously delicate-nothing-else-can-beat-it-cupcake. Where would I find such a delicacy? After typing "best cupcake in the Valley" into Google, I had my answer. Apparently the best cupcakes were to be found in Sherman Oaks at Leda's Bake Shop. So, Saturday afternoon, my craving and I headed out to where Ventura Blvd and Woodman Ave meet. Nestled between Senor Fred's and what I believe was a barber shop was the cupcake mecca. Unfortunately I arrived just an hour before closing, so there were only two flavors left - chocolate and carrot. No matter - a chocolate one would suffice. The cupcakes at Leda's are mini, and can be polished off in just two bites - and thus $1.50 each seemed a bit pricey ... and yet as I took my first bite out of the chocolate one, the world around me faded away. I had found cupcake bliss. The chocolate butter cream frosting was divine, and the cake itself was perfect and filled with a dollop of chocolate ganache.

My craving has been satiated, and yet I am eager to return to try such exotic flavors as passion fruit, dulce de leche and white chocolate. So, if you ever feel yourself under the grip of a cupcake craving ... you know where to go!
Eric says:
haha "cupcake bliss"...nice ;)
Posted on: Mar 26, 2007