Lebanon's Cafe

www.lebanonscafe.com - (504) 862-6200

Lebanon's Cafe New Orleans Reviews

Gabby27 Gabby27
My favorite Middle Eastern Place in New Orleans Apr 03, 2010
With so many dining options in New Orleans you might get overwhelmed when searching for something new and different. Lebanon's offers a wide variety of dishes that don't disappoint! Located off the street car line on S Carrolton the restaurant is easy to get to. Try parking on a side street next to or behind the block where the cafe is if you drive yourself. The main street can be pretty busy. The dining room is spacious with lots of windows that makes for great daytime dining. When the weather is nice there are tables outside on the sidewalk as well!

My favorite thing on the menu is their yogurt and cucumber salad! I have tried this same dish at several restaurants in New Orleans and no one does it like Lebanon's. It's refreshing and has a unique creamy flavor. It goes great with pita and hummus too! My best friend always orders the Gryo sandwich there, I've tasted it before and I can see why. The lamb is tender, the lettuce fresh, and the onions savory. Their Lebanese tea is not the best...in my opinion it has a little too much rose water. However, this might be your style so try it out anyways. The last 2 times someone I was with ordered it they were out of pine nuts which was also kind of a bummer.

I have enjoyed the eggplant sandwich on two occasions and it was delicious both times. I've also had a few other entrees with meats, rice, and hummus.

During slower hours it's a seat yourself kinda place which I love. There are paintings on the walls and all kinds of fun trinkets that decorate the shelves to keep your eyes wandering while you wait.

They usually have an appetizer special...last time "Indian Samosa" which was fried filo dough with spinach and other veggies inside and a pomegranate sauce drizzled on top! This was DELICIOUS!

Enjoy!