Leanna's: Restaurant - Bakery - Store

Suning Plaza, Chengdu, China

Leanna's: Restaurant - Bakery - Store Chengdu Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Rebel Without a Cause Nov 21, 2013
You have to admire an American opening a restaurant in Chengdu, China to serve American food. That takes courage and the ability to appeal not just to the American taste, but the Chinese taste as well. Good food is good food I always say, regardless of where you come from, but this place falls short of that goal, and would not succeed even in America I think. Such restaurants are a rebel of sorts still in China, but this one is a rebel without a cause. I make reference here to the 1955 film with James Dean.

I hate to be critical of this restaurant, because the concept is really good, but it is done badly. First, the atmosphere feels like a library, and should be a bit more upbeat. Second, the menu offers the right dishes to represent American cuisine, but the dishes are not prepared well. Third, the owner is present, but does not interact with customers. The staff are friendly enough, but mostly Chinese. There should be an American or Western hostess to greet guests I think for people who come here for an American experience.

The meal here was simply awful. Tasteless soup for an appetizer, and the main steak dish I had was quite bad. The giant lump of potatoes was a dry mess, the steak had a strange sweet taste like it had been marinated in something too long, and the vegetables were a sorry accessory and just added to the misery of this meal. All this served on plates bigger than your head too, and I am sorry to say, but what a joke. My Chinese friends laughed about it and so did I. What a shame! I'm generous with 2 stars.
Leanna's exterior I
Leanna's exterior II
Leanna's Menu display
Leanna's interior I
spocklogic says:
Maybe so, but the owner is an American I think.
Posted on: Mar 27, 2014
Zagnut66 says:
Maybe the cooks aren't used to preparing American cuisine?
Posted on: Mar 26, 2014