Leanback Hostel

Leanback Hostel Rates and Deals

Leanback Hostel Budapest Reviews

MrD3071 MrD3071
Careful what you lean on! Jan 22, 2011
Ahh the Leanback hostel… I'm not going to lie I found this hostel lacking compared to some of the others I have stayed at. Whereas I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s a bad hostel, there is room for improvement.

The location of the hostel isn’t too bad, there are lots of shops/pubs nearby, but the hostel itself can be quite awkward to find. Thankfully my cab driver was able to find it pretty quickly (good old honest cabbies!) Located above two shops, there is a lot of hustle and bustle out the front. The hostel itself is up two flights of stairs, and appears to be half a story of an apartment block. We had some pretty grouchy neighbours below us, who were very intent on shouting at any passer-by who made too much (aka any) noise on the stairs.

Reception was only manned for a few hours a day (I assume during check out time and when people are expected to arrive). Initially when I arrived in the late afternoon there was no one to check me in, so I decided to wait around for a while, and lost a chunk of my afternoon. Leaflets on local attractions are available at reception.

The small kitchen/bathroom units are shared between the hostels small capacity. I have heard that since I went (2009) that it has been renovated and expanded. There is also a lounge area that provides free TV/internet, there was also a DVD player and some DVDs/books provided for entertainment.

The bedrooms were pretty standard dormitories, the beds were nice and clean.

I struggled a little at the time I admit, there were no English speakers at the time I was there. I found it to be pretty quiet at the time, though I was there after peak season. After several days of mad partying however, it was pretty nice to have a rest.

Overall I found the hostel lacking compared to some of the other places I have stayed in, but there are certainly worse places to stay in.
originalgirl original…
For budget backpackers Jul 28, 2009
Good loctation once you get to hostel, shops/ tourist attractions/ pubs short walk, quiet enough to sleep at night. Large rooms and lounge area. Nice to have free internet

Check Leanback Hostel Rates and Deals