Le Village

Check Paris Hotel Deals

Le Village Paris Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
Hostel with the view Sep 25, 2013
It was tricky to book a reasonably prised hostel close to Gare du Nord station for our short trip to Paris. After endless searching, I finally decided to make the booking with hostel Le Village which is located in the central area of Paris within a short 10-minute walk from Gare du Nord and only a stone throw away from Anvers metro station.

Additionally, some rooms have a great view of the Sacre Coeur Basilica located right behind the hostel and Moulin Rouge Cabaret is only a short walk away.

On arrival, we had to pay for our booking and register our stay. During check-in process bed linen is provided which have to be returned during the check-out. Towels are available for hire for a small charge of €1.

Our booked room for 4-night stay was 4-bed dorm with en suite bathroom. The room was on the top floor and we had a privilege of having an amazing view of the Sacre Coeur Basilica right from our room window.

The room was nicely decorated with some photos of Paris and was big enough for 4. A table and chairs were also part of the furnishing.

Metal-framed bunk beds were comfortable and luckily did not make any noise.

The bathroom was equipped with a shower, a washbasin and a toilet -so all you need for your personal use.

The hostel has a patio area with the view of the Basilica, a common area with internet, a kitchen and a vast dinning area.

Breakfast was included in our room rate and consistent of fresh baguettes, croissants, brioche, toast, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, juice, cereal and jam. It was pleasantly arranged in the dinning area and was being restocked constantly by the breakfast lady.

Free wi-fi worked in all areas of the hostel, but strangely you had to use new log-in code every time you came back to the hostel (wi-fi codes were easily accessible as there was always a jug full of them on the reception counter).

The hostel was kept clean and tidy with the bathroom being cleaned every day.

The entire experience of the hostel was very pleasant and I would definitely recommend a stay there.

Total cost per person for 4 nights including breakfast - €138
Common area
Common area
Kitchen
Breakfast bar
jasoniii jasoniii
Expensive, but kinda worth it. Jan 10, 2011
First place I stayed when I came to Paris. I was only able to stay here for one night because they were booked for the rest of the time that I wished to stay in Paris.

They were expensive, could have been cleaner and safer - but it was still kinda charming. The mixed dorm layout was pretty cool, and it was easy to meet other travelers.

I'm not sure what it was about the place... I guess it was kinda home-like. The people who worked for the hostel were friendly, and very helpful. I didn't feel like I was going to be slapped just for asking a question!

Even though I paid $AU40 for an 8 bed dorm, I probably would stay here again.
landslider landslid…
Cheap hostel, great location, nice setup Nov 05, 2009
Very nice hostel. The people are friendly and helpful. The basilica is literally 2 blocks away, and the nearest metro is no more than a 5 minute walk.

I'll be staying there again if/when I return to Paris!
gserrado gserrado
Good hostel Mar 28, 2008
This was an OK hostel in Paris. It was a bit far from tourist attractions but it was close to the moulin rouge and one street away from cheap restaurants and metro station. The rooms are basic but very clean, plus they have a decent breakfast and a nice view from the rooftop.

I recommend this for any backpackers who want to stay in a nice, fun place.
Circuitloss Circuitl…
May 02, 2007
Now THIS is a nice hostel. Four bed rooms with a private bath and shower, a small but functional kitchen and a nice sitting area on the ground floor.

The location isn't great -- Montmartre can be a cesspool at times -- but it's not bad either, it's what I like to call "colorful," and the Paris metro is so good it doesn't really matter where you stay.

Related Travel Blogs About Le Village

0382 A Little Village in Suburban Paris (Fra 007—new)
From Le Pecq I contined on down to Marley le Roi.  I headed up the hill past the Monte Cristo Chateau… which didn’t look all that interesting, so I decided to skip it…   Checking on…le Roi… so I head down the hill again.   Up another hill, and I find myself in what feels like a countryside village out in the middle of nowhere…

Check Paris Hotel Deals