Le Village de la Butte

01 45 80 36 82

Le Village de la Butte Paris Reviews

strangemystic strangem…
Spécialités auvergnates at Jun 29, 2011
As I am not a big fan of Mc Donald's and the like, but do also try to save while eating, I generally go to a Chinese "traiteur", of which you have a lot in Paris nowadays, and where you can choose from various meals and have rice (white or fried) for around 5-6€. Sometimes I also choose a "sandwich menu" at "Pomme de Pin".

But last Sunday, I was quite tired of all those, and wanted to eat a real (French) meal. It was moreover my last night in Paris, and the Butte aux cailles "village" was quite close from where I stayed.

As the weather was nice, the village atmosphere of La Butte aux cailles was somehow more visible, with all the terraces. The "Village de la Butte"is at the corner of the rue de la butte aux cailles and the rue des cinq diamants, and had also a terrace, which was full. I then sat inside, which was not that bad, and you could see all what was happening outside anyway.

It's a bar and a restaurant, with specialities from the Auvergne. I ordered a faux filet (saignant)with frites (fries) and salad, which, I know, is not that original, but I liked it. Looking at what my next-table neighbours had (saucisse for the one, and a confit de canard for the other, with a gratin), I thought maybe I could have been more "adventurous" (well, I know and like those meals, so it would have not been much of an adventure; the challenge maybe could have been the quantity, or the calories). I ordered also a glass of Côtes du Rhône; and afterwards I could not resist a cup of ice cream as dessert.

For the whole, I paid a little less than 20€, which is not that much I think