Le Tonkin

letonkinrestaurant.vn - +84 4 3943 3457

Le Tonkin Hanoi Reviews

sweettangerine sweettan…
Charming colonial villa with refined Vietnamese food Jul 05, 2013
Le Tonkin is a refined Vietnamese restaurant, serving Hanoi style food. It is housed in a beautiful colonial villa in the French Quarter. Upon entering through the main gate, the restaurant is surrounded by a pretty garden full of banana leave trees. I bet al fresco dining would be lovely here.

We had a group dinner here on our first night in Hanoi and were seated in a private room upstairs. The place oozes colonial charm. It is simple but stylishly furnished in sepia colors and the waiting staff is decked out in traditional costume.

There was a set 9-course menu that included among others a creamy vegetable soup, spring rolls, fried eggplant and banana flower salad. The coconut flavored rice on the side is yummy. For dessert there were mini bananas and green tea.

Since the dinner was included in our tour, I do not have any idea of the level of pricing. Beverages were on the expensive side though.

I experienced the restaurant as a friendly colonial place with lots of charm and good food and it suited a group dinner just fine.
entry to the courtyard
logo on the set menu
my table companions - dining in th…

Check Hanoi Hotel Deals