Le Stam

03 89 23 51 99

Le Stam Colmar Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Delicious Alsatian Meal Mar 08, 2014
We came upon this lovely restaurant right in the heart of the old town @ Place des Dominicains. The reason we picked this one was because it had a very pretty Xmas decoration outside the restaurant, easily mistaken to be part of the Xmas decoration for the market since there are 2 stalls right the doorstep of the restaurant!

We got a table at the 2nd floor, the restaurant is housed in a typical Alsatian building, seating arrangement is pretty much cramped & it was full-house since it was lunch time and we all know how long french lunch can be ;) Our waitress was this old blonde lady but shes very efficient & she tried to speak English to me :)

The restaurant mainly serves Alsatian cuisine. For those not familiar, Alsatian cuisine mainly incorporates Germanic culinary traditions known for using pork in various forms. Since I do not eat pork, I did not try the famous Tarte flambée alsacienne. My fiance had that with beer. He was happy with it.

I had the pâté set. I love pâté :) The set came with this jelly-like stuff which look weird to me but tasted quite delicious with the pate & the toasted ginger bread. I never had pâté with ginger bread but i must admit the combination was quite delicious that I went to buy the gingerbread at the market thereafter!

We wanted to try desert but we were pretty full, unfortunately!

It was quite noisy since everyone was talking & each table was pretty close to one another but theres this nice warm feeling about this place since everything inside was made of wood so you kind of feel like you are eating in a small wooden hut! I will definitely come back for the pâté :)
Me @ the entrance of Le Stam