Le Royal

1 Place Andre Malraux, Paris, France

Le Royal Paris Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The place that had lost its atmosphere Nov 22, 2010
From the outside Le Royal was one of these classic French cafés; it was situated the right place on the corner of Place Andre Malraux close to all the theatres but there was something missing; it didn’t have the Paris feel to it as you entered and for me it was quite obvious what was missing; they had renovated the bar.

The bar was rebuilt to something modern with a steel plate on top, slick design and the place had totally lost its charm and atmosphere by this. They had kept the surrounding areas like the café area, restaurant area and the outdoor area but the bar was a huge mistake according to me.

The prices were also sky high; it was the first time that I paid close to 10 euro for a 50 cl Carlsberg beer. The service was not something to write a book about; it was there not more. The bartender would much more like to hang out with the regulars in the bar.
The café area
The bar

Related Travel Blogs About Le Royal

London to Paris
Bon Jour !  We arrived in London after a rather exhausting journey from Boston.  Alas, I was seated next to the finest looking man in the Western Hemisphere (unfortunately married), but he …Le Royale for a quick lunch.  Our waiter was definitely Paris-rude, but that's okay.... I managed to order…

Check Paris Hotel Deals