Le Riad Restaurant

45-47 Rue Mohamed El Quori, Casablanca, Morocco

Le Riad Restaurant Casablanca Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Not worth it! Apr 24, 2011
On our first night in Morocco we wanted to try local food and ended up at Le Riad Restaurant, which is located in the heart of Casablanca. The place was decorated in traditional Moroccan mosaic and had colorful chandeliers hanging down from a stucco decorated ceiling. The restaurants specialty was tagine, a berber stew cooked in conical earthware pots that keep the meat moist and tender. Le Riad Restaurant also serve skewer and couscous dishes, but no alcohol.

We ordered a variety of tagines; meat, vegetables, lamb, chicken, meat balls and fish. The waiter was polite, but service was slow. After over an hour wait, the food was served, but three of us were served the wrong dishes. Our waiter looked tatally confused. Luckily, he had written down all our orders, so when he checked his note book, there was no doubt that he had made the mistakes. More waiting.

I had never tasted tagine before and was a bit disappointed. The food did not have much flavor and the portions were small. I´m not a big eater, but I was still hungry when we left the restaurant.

Casablanca is pricier than other Moroccan cities. Dh 80 (€8) we paid for the main dish was not expensive, but for what we got, it was not worth it. For the slow service, small portions and lack of atmosphere I would not recommend Le Riad Restaurant.

www.leriadrestaurant.com/ (French only)
Meat ball tagine
Chicken with olives and lemon
montecarlostar says:
Thanks for the warning! Definitively on my NOT to go places in Morocco!
Posted on: May 22, 2011