Le Rendez-Vous French Restaurant

520-323-7373

Le Rendez-Vous French Restaurant Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
French Cuisine in the desert Apr 08, 2011
My friend Jean Claude owns and runs the only authentic French restaurant I know of here in Tucson. Jean Claude has been a chef his entire life, smile! Being French and all he adds his personal touch to everything. My friend Corinna invited me to diner and mentioned we were going to see Jean Claude.

The restaurant is a small home style with cozy close seating. At the entrance we were greeted by French speaking waiters and a very attentive chef, all were friendly and helpful. We started with a wonderful Chardonnay wine, and the cold seafood appetizer. We did not have a full meal since most of my team had eaten earlier, so Jean ordered desert and we had that with wine, awesome mix of sweets and red wine. I had my daughter with me so I ordered a full meal for her. She had lamb with scalloped potatoes

The desserts were beautifully prepared, with a wide choice of flaring islands, hazelnut torte, tart tatin, creme brulee and flambé deserts including bananas foster. Jean-Claude joined us at the table for the rest of the evening, of course this ensured we were serviced top notch. You must try the Crepes Suzette I highly recommend it.

The down side to this place is that is it very small and the seating could be redone to make it more spacious. It looks as though the tables are on top of each other.

Their prices are a little higher too, not the same as you would find in a Mexican restaurant. Average though, a place you want to take someone special too. If you call ahead, Jean Claude will make it very personal if it is a special date.

"If it looks good, eat it" Andrew Zimmerman
Left-Right: Jean Claude, Mary, Bre…
westwind57 says:
Sounds like a nice place, even if the seating i a bit cramped but that's how it is like in France too, often times :)
Posted on: Jun 15, 2012