Le Pioche

Fraisse-sur-Agout, France

Le Pioche Fraisse-sur-Agout Reviews

davidx davidx
Inland site among mountains Jul 17, 2010
Since we camped here, I seem to be reviewing our lilo under bed above! However camping is only one option as can be seen from the website, which has added English to its options since I last looked.(http://www.lepioch.com) I'll keep to the camping as it's what we experienced but I am sure that the other options give good value as well.

The owners come from the Netherlands but speak excellent English and French (and I imagine German). They are quite willing to talk French with you if you are looking to practice - even if your own is halting.

Their store, though small, is pretty comprehensive. If you are a cheese lover, do try their Monts de Lacaune cheese.

The emlacements are large and the amount of sun/shade varies - the owners do their best to meet your wishes on this. (Thank Heaven; a really sunny site would have been unbearable, although we had a large enough sunny patch for what we could stand.

It is in a delightful location with not only the Monts de Lacaune but the Monts d'Epinousse very easily accessible. I strongly recommend getting to the top of the latter - easy if you start at the obvious place.
Le Pioche Map