Le Nemours

Le Nemours - A danish beer

Le Nemours Paris Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place for a break from the wind and cold Nov 22, 2010
After spending the most of an hour together with the lost souls of the Metro and trains for almost one hour I was pleased to return to the surface again. I went back to the surface at Place Royal and after admiring the places surrounding this grand area I decided to seek shelter from the biting cold weather in one the many posh cafés.

I ended up in La Nemours at Place Colette which was a bar-brasserie with a classy interior on the walls but the basic French cafe furniture. The service was swift and the prices quite high; I think it was the second highest price I have paid in Paris for a beer; 7.70 euro for a 50cl Carlsberg.

The average visitor was an elderly Parisian sipping in a small coffee spreading the gossip from her building with her friend from across the street. The other group was the one I was in; a tourist seeking shelter from the cold and first looking at the prices after the order is placed.

The place was cozy in the typical Parisians way, the atmosphere was French and the waiters in black & white - it was grand.
Inside looking at the menu
A danish beer
My bill
Inside
Chokk says:
Always good for a quote :D
Posted on: Nov 25, 2010
bernard69 says:
too expensive!but it was fortunately a good Danish one not an English beer:"La bière anglaise est ce qui a été fabriqué de mieux pour imiter la pisse." !!!!Michel Heyns
Posted on: Nov 25, 2010