Le Montclair Montmartre

Le Montclair Montmartre Rates and Deals

Le Montclair Montmartre Paris Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Average hostel in a good location Jan 03, 2013
I stayed at Le Montclair Montmartre for one night on the first night of my RTW trip.

Feeling tired, exhausted & nervous, I was hoping for a warm friendly welcome but I didn't even get a smile. Manners don't cost a thing & being friendly should be part of the job description if you're working in a hostel but I found the staff I encountered not to be very engaging.

The hostel is in a great location - just around the corner from Jules Joffrin metro station - & easy to find. It is also a short ride to the Gare du Nord & a 10 minute walk from the beautiful Sacre Couer bascilica.

I was in a 6-bed dorm, which was pretty simple & basic: plain walls, beds with free linen, a wash basin & mirror, no lockers though. The beds were comfortable enough although I found the room to be overbearingly hot at night time & I didn't sleep well at all as a result (although there were other factors to that).

I didn't use the showers as they looked far too small to navigate around in whilst washing! The toilets were clean enough. I didn't use the computers either as one of my room mates told me that the wifi cuts out a lot. There is a small common area in reception but it's not the kind of hostel with a lot happening & probably not the best place to meet others.

There was a free breakfast the next morning, which is always a plus: cereal, breads & spreads, juice, tea, coffee, croissants etc but nothing too fancy. The staff I encountered in the morning were slightly friendlier than the man I had at reception when checking in although nobody very personable.

I think I paid around 24 euros for one night in my 6-bed dorm. I realise that Paris is slightly more expensive than most other places in Europe, but considering it was the low season & for the standards of the hostel I think the price is too high & I would prefer to look for somewhere else next time I visit Paris. On the plus side, if you were to have a short stay & not spend much time in the hostel then it might be ideal due to the handy location.
cotton_foam says:
am looking for some hostels to stay. thanks for writing this review, Tom!
Posted on: Feb 12, 2016
fred178 fred178
If you stay in a hostel in Paris stay in Le Montclair Sep 07, 2011
Having stayed in several hostels in Paris (as a result nowhere being able to host me for more than 1 night due to my late booking), I can say that Le Montclair is the best of the hostels in Paris.

Montmartre isn't the most central area of Paris, but it gets a 5 stars for location because its the only area (in my opinion) that isn't ruined by tourism and where the locals don't hate you. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the beds and rooms were good. The hostel attracts a young crowd of travellers, and with a communal space its easy to meet people.

One reservation- the cleanliness. Not great at all.
wendyirene wendyire…
Excellent clean hostel in Paris near Monmarte Mar 29, 2011
An excellent hostel with a variety of room options. Stayed here in a private en-suite 6-bed room for a girls weekend. Its just on the otherside of Montmarte, behing the Sacre Ceour. A couple of steps to walk to get up there but the views are amazing and the bars are gorgeous, def not typical touristy central bars - real authentic local bars.
jlchatham jlchatham
Affordable hostel in cool neighborhood Sep 02, 2010
I spent a few nights in this hostel while in Paris. It's in the neighborhood of Montmartre at the foot of the hill where the Sacre Coeur is. I really enjoyed this neighborhood and the first thing I did was climb the hill to the Sacre Coeur. Great introduction to Paris.

They had a fairly big lounge/kitchen area and an additional kitchen/eating area downstairs for breakfast.

I ended up having to cancel my last night to take an overnight bus and this was done with no fuss and no fees.

Anyway, fairly normal hostel with the normal hostel stuff. I'd stay there again as I had a good time.
misseejjay says:
thanks for the review, going to Paris and didn't had a clue where to stay lol.
Posted on: Mar 12, 2011
sacchan sacchan
Mar 08, 2010
it's small but cheap and everybody speak english.

located in the back of Montmartre Hill on the Metro stop Jules Joffrin
Guillaume084 Guillaum…
Le Montclair Montmartre hostel Oct 17, 2009
The hostel was overall alright if you stay for one or two nights. The location is not the best you are far from everything mostly from the supermarket or decent restaurant. I only stayed there because I was closer to the “Gare du Nord” and I had to take the train to London the day after. The staffs are really useless, the bed was not very comfortable and the shower was kind of small. The internet is not free but if you carry a laptop you can use the wireless in the room. Also there is a train station pretty close.
emjaaay2 says:
it's really helpful to know that the hostel is near the station! thanks
Posted on: Apr 23, 2012