Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur Rates and Deals

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur Reviews

Lupobianco Lupobian…
5 Star Value at 4 Star Prices Dec 14, 2013
Le Meridien KL has many great features but seems to get mixed reviews on this and other forums. I have been staying there regularly for nearly 10 years and my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.

The property is one of two towers (the other tower being a Hilton Hotel) built on a podium overlooking the surrounding area. The hotel is a covered walkway across the road from KL Sentral Station which is very convenient if you are taking the 28 minute express train from the airport. KL Sentral Station also has an in-town check in for Malaysian Airlines (but not for SIA) which is convenient when you leave. The concierge will assist guests with bags take the short walk across the road to the KLIA Express. Be aware that the express train ("KLIA Ekspress") stops running at 1.00 AM, so you will need to get a taxi on late flights.

The property underwent a refurbishment of the lobby area in 2012 and the result is a really fun and functional meeting area. The front of house staff are incredibly helpful with taxis and are unfailingly friendly - although firm with drivers who suggest that their meter might not be working!

On the podium level, the property shares a huge pool with the Hilton next door although each property has separate food and beverage offerings. The gym (also shared with the Hilton) is large, clean and well equipped.

All the restaurants at the property deliver quality and value whether you are looking for a late night snack or are entertaining colleagues.

The executive lounge is a real treat, and is staffed by professionals who clearly care about what they are doing. There is a cocktail hour, but the real attraction is the warmth and dedication of the people who run the lounge.

Free Wi-Fi is available free in the lobby and in the rooms for SPG Gold / Platinum members. I have had the occasional problem with Wi-Fi, but nothing that was would ruin my day.

I am sure that being SPG Platinum ensures that I get better than average attention but friends, colleagues and family who have stayed at this property all seem to share my positive impressions.
Lobby
Entrance
The concierge - Great guys!
feline_p feline_p
Luxurious stay for business and leisure Jul 07, 2011
Le Meridien is adjacent to Kuala Lumpur Sentral, a public transportation hub for LRT, Commuter and train, taxis and buses to places within or outside the city.

Because of the location, this hotel is perfect for people traveling on business purposes.From the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, you can take a 30 minute fast train to get to the hotel. The usual journey via taxis to the hotel from the airport, will take you more than an hour as the hotel is located outside the city centre.

The hotel has a classic yet modern look that reflects the hotel's image and reputation. The timeless exterior and interior design of the hotel is pleasant to the eye.

The deluxe room I stayed in cost about RM300++. It was spacious and well decorated. The most commendable aspect of the room was the mattress and pillows. I had one of the most comfortable snooze of my life on the bed in Le Meridien. After a long stressful day at work, coming back to a bed like this will be something that you would look forward to and makes your stay worthwhile. Please try the feather pillow at this hotel if you have the opportunity and let me know if you agree with me ;D.

This hotel is highly prim and proper. If you are seeking for quality professional services which caters to your professional needs, then I believe this is the perfect hotel for you.
View from the 31st floor
AlexBrunst AlexBrun…
Not among the Top Hotels in Kuala Lumpur Apr 09, 2011
I am usually a big fan of the Le MeridiƩn Hotels that is why I chose to stay here after I had previouly stayed the very good Sheraton Imperial and the excellent Mandarin Oriental in KL.

Unfortunately, the Le MeridiƩn did not live up to my high expectations.

There were a few things that are not 5 Star standard in this Hotel, especially if you are a business traveler. My room had only two power plugs near the desk that were both in use. So when you want to plug in a laptop or charge your phone you will either have to live without Internet or music or you use the plug in the bathroom.

When I asked for a multi-pole socket it took them an hour to get back to me and say they don't have any available.

Even worse are their internet standards. Cable works fine, but if you want to use wireless it is a big problem. While all other 5 Star hotels have codes or freely accessible wifi available, I had to get technicians to program your Ipad. It took 3 hours, four technicians and one room change till the internet on my Ipad was finally working. This was very annoying and cost me a lot of valuable time.

The location is average with around 20 minutes to the twin towers, but the train station right around the corner. As there is nothing around the area, you will always have to take a Taxi or public transportation.
ahCarumba ahCarumba
Very nice hotel. I was impressed. Jul 31, 2011
Well this is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. Very highly recommended. Everything about it is top notch without being overly expensive.

The breakfast buffet is amazing and you absolutely must check out the pool!

If there is one negative, the conceirge and taxi service is not that great - english language issues with some of the staff.
christobel christob…
Nice Aug 01, 2009
As I was only spending 2 nights in KL on my way to Chiang Mai, it was an ok stay, but I wouldn't spend a holiday here.

The room I had was quite small, I think it would have annoyed me if I'd been staying any longer.Good view at night because of the lights outside, but day time not much to rave about. The bathroom was small of course, but it had a bath with an overhead shower & minimal toiletries.

Had the usual tea & coffee in the room, & a safe.

A good pool area, but it's shared with the Hilton Hotel, right next door.

I found the staff helpful & friendly. very conveniently located to the trains just across a small road, just a few minutes & you're in the centre of everything. The trouble is those monotrains get really packed out, especially at peak times, & you have to make sure to be near the doors to get out, or you could miss your stop.

The hallway into the main part of the hotel is pretty as it's lit up with tea candles.

On the whole if I were just staying an overnighter I would definately stay, but not for a vacation.
pretty hallway at night
Nice pool area
Willy2009 Willy2009
Great Oasis Le Meridien KL Dec 31, 2009
When you are at Le Meridien in Kuala Lumpur is like an Oasis in the busy city. The Hotel is just magnificent !

The Lobby is impressive. There is an amazing swimming pool, and the Breakfast is one of the best I have ever tried !!! Is difficult to find one breakfast that can compete with this one.

The restaurants options in the Hotel include one for dinner with Belly Dancing show, which is excellent !

The rooms are lovely , clean as expected and high level of comfort. The view to KL can be great.

Location is not in the center of KL, but you can get to Petronas towers in 10 minutes with the fast monoriel , which has an station just 3 minutes from the hotel. The hotel is next door to the Hilton.

Overall, great experience, very recommended for a great stay in Kuala Lumpur !!
View from my room
Another view of KL from my room
Swimming pool view from my room
metsbwd metsbwd
Convenient location, Comfort and Luxury Jul 30, 2007
I stayed here for two nights in July, 2007.

The Le Meridien, KL is located at the Kuala Lumpur Sentral Station, with convenient transportation from the airport and into town.

Rooms are not necessarily cheap, each night with taxes came to around $175/night.

Rooms are tastefully decorated and comfortable, with the normal amenities you would expect from such a hotel. Some rooms offer views of the Petronas Towers and KL Tower in the distance.

The hotel shares an entrance and fitness / leisure facilitis with the Hilton Hotel, but this does not detract from the beauty and enjoyability of these facilities. The pool is a stunning oasis in the city, with views and plenty of space to relax and enjoy yourself.

Room rates include breakfast, and the hotel also offers other dining options, including Al Nafourah, a middle eastern restaurant where I enjoyed a very nice dinner.
From the hotel's web site
where-to-go-fmd where-to…
Luxury at Its best ! Jun 24, 2001
Really enjoyed my time here. A high class hotel which I normally wouldn't have booked by myself. Our partner in Malaysia booked this hotel for me and the company paid for it, so don't think about the money and just enjoy !Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur Hotel is a five star Kuala Lumpur hotel located in the heart of the city, Kuala Lumpur Central

The hotel offers seamless connections between Kuala Lumpur city and Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) via the KLIA Express train in just 28 minutes.

There are different restaurants like a steakhouse and an Italian restaurant with excellent food.

If somebody plan to go here don't think about it twice !

Le Meridien Amenities

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

At Least My Visa Works
It is dark out when our A330 begins its descent into Indira Ghandi International Airport. As we come closer to India we have to dodge the numerous thunderstorms in the area that are typical during In…Le Meridien in Kuala Lumpur to Hotel Chand Palace in Delhi was like night and day. Our 26th…

Check Le Meridien Rates and Deals