Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa

Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Rates and Deals

Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Reviews

Kanw_1 Kanw_1
5 Star Property, 7 star Staff!!! May 26, 2014
Before I start this review a big thank you to all the staff at Le Meridien for making our stay beyond pleasant. I would like to thank each and everyone of the staff that we came across on our stay who were beyond commendable, I wish I remembered all the names but nevertheless a special thanks to Tina the GM, Botan, Jha, Phan, Benne and everyone else( apologies if I spelt any names wrong). Never in my life have I felt the need to give a big hug to any of the hotel staff for their hospitality before departing, but the Le Meridien staff made our stay so memorable. Botan and Benne , thank you for seeing us off all the way to the entrance of the hotel.

Although I have travelled extensively, I do not write reviews unless I find my stay surpassed my expectations and with Le Meridien Koh Samui it was much more than my expectations, and trust me I have relatively high expectations.

We stayed at the Le Meridien between 15th and 25th October. The booking was made by my wife as she is a SPG member, the booking went smoothly although we had to make a few changes, the response from the hotel staff was quick and efficient and the prompt communication was appreciated, we also got a mail to check if we needed anything before we got there( transportation etc.)

We arrived at the hotel and the check in was smooth, we were made to feel at home right away, offered refreshing drinks and shown around the property. The hotel itself is in an ideal location, not too far away from the crowded parts of the island yet in a quiet and peaceful location, we hired a bike for our stay to help us get around, I would suggest a bike rather than a car as it is very convenient, but if you prefer not to hire,cabs are easily available at the entrance of the hotel.

We requested for a bike at the front desk and this was swiftly organized for us. Beware of the the tourist more than the locals when you ride a bike, who are more considerate on the road than people visiting who are not used to riding in Koh Samui.

We had the opportunity to stay in both the verandah suite as well the pool villa, you cannot go wrong with any of the room types here, they are all equally good and offer their own unique ambience.

During our stay I broke my leg on some rocks on another beach, and was unable to walk or do any of the things we had planned like diving, the staff took such good care of me and made me feel so comfortable and fussed around me like I was a part of the family, thank you all, I would not even have felt so comfortable at home! I was even moved to a room closer to the entrance of the hotel so that we did not have to navigate the steps to get outside and all this was even without asking, very thoughtful.

The property is well maintained, landscaping is beautiful giving you the feel of living in the middle of a tropical forest yet having all the modern amenities, a perfect blend of modern and traditional elements.

There is a bar, a small boutique, a spa, and a lounge, in fact there are three lounge areas, at the lobby area, near the pool and on the pier, the one in the lobby is particularly nice in the evening if you want to chat up with other guests who all gather for the lantern ceremony in the evening which was an awesome experience and the one on the pier is nice for some evening drinks.

The pool is large and never feels crowded, the pool bar and the restaurant are ideally located with serene views overlooking the lamai beach, lot of people complaining about the beach on this forum, but it was perfect, depending on the tide it gets narrower or wider, but it is not bad at all, the hotel also has some kayaks if you want to try them out, the beach is not too deep so it is ideal for kayaking. Lots to do at the hotel itself if you take time to read all the information is available in your room on nicely printed information brochures.

Another unique feature of this hotel are the bathrooms which are very tastefully done and give you the experience of being out in the open, we found them to be better than even in the Maldives.

A few people here on tripadvisor also complained about mosquitoes, but the hotel staff take every effort to control them and we did not find this to be an issue at all.

We loved the lemon grass aroma in the room!!!Extremely calming......

I see no reason for the negative comments left by people on tripadvisor, this is a lovely place, and if you want a peaceful and memorable stay you cannot go wrong with Koh Samui Le Meridien.......in general the Thai people are extremely hospitable and welcoming, we met so many nice people in and out of the hotel and will remember them in a long time to come, they give us reason to visit again.

If you stay here you should also try the restaurant, excellent food, we loved the breakfast. There are also some really good restaurants just outside the hotel, I highly recommend RCT restaurant just when you exit the hotel and go left for a few meters. There is a family mart close by for groceries which is very convenient and the Lamia center is close by, but in general all relevant areas of the island are easily accessible from Le Meridien.

I may have missed a lot of details, but just want to convey that this is a wonderful hotel and more than that the staff is what makes Le Meridien Koh Samui what it is!!!We will certainly come back!

Room Tip: Cannot go wrong with any of the room types!!!

Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Overview

The Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers comfortable rooms with air conditioning and complimentary wireless internet access. The hotel offers a golf course, a day spa and an outdoor pool as well as a sauna, conference room(s) and a steam room. Guests will be able to enjoy the seclusion and privacy of the hotel's private beach.

The Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as a business centre, a spa & wellness centre and a concierge for the guests. Guests can enjoy the hotel's spa facilities, including body treatment facilities, facial treatments and massage services. Beach Republic Ocean Club, Buffalo Fighting and Bandon International Hospital are within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

For the comfort of guests, the Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers non-smoking rooms. Equipped to ensure a comfortable stay, rooms have a safe, a plasma / LCD TV and cable / satellite channels. There is also a CD player and a DVD player for guests’ entertainment.

Muslim Village, Thai Boxing Stadium and Munified Monk are within driving distance of the Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa. Samui International Airport (USM) is a 30 minute drive from the hotel. The hotel's staff will be able to book tours and sightseeing in Koh Samui, as well as give dining recommendations.

Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes