Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort

Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort Rates and Deals

Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort Phang Nga Reviews

Jaymaster Jaymaster
Great spot Aug 02, 2013
I went to Le Meridien Khao Lak in 2010. Back then, it was a great hotel, I suppose that´s still the case. Huge garden, the rooms are really nice, I´ve never had a bed, which was more comfortable. Breakfast was very good, lots of things to try out. Joined a bbq once, which was fantastic, but expensive. Went to the Italian restaurant in the hotel, which was good, but nothing special. Most of the time, we had dinner outside he hotel (restaurant on the right hand side of the gate, when you leave the hotel area). Food was fantastic quality there. Also please talk to "E", who is located there. He is a private taxi driver. You can book tours with him for like 40 Dollars a day (up to 4 persons in his car). We went to Phuket with him and other places. He speaks english very well.

Good place there all in all.
ladysith ladysith
Felt like princesses Jul 10, 2009
Day 5 - checked out of Andaman Beach Suites, waited for our private driver to Khao Lak. We booked 2 nights at Le Meridien Beach & Spa Resort, let me tell you... this place is like paradise, it has its own private beach, the rooms are the best ones I've seen by far. It truly deserves its 5 star rating. We checked in, dumped our bags in our room then proceeded to look for Le Spa to have our pampering done. Booked a 2 hour session which included 1 hour Thai massage and 1 hour body scrub (2,400THB/$109) while Nesse had a 3 hour session that included 1 hour swiss massage, facial and body scrub (3,800THB/$172). I know it's a rip off but we figured, we're on a holiday, we're at a 5 star resort, why not go all out? Hehehe. After the pampering session, we got ready for a night out in the main town centre. Took the shuttle bus, costs 200baht for a return trip. We shopped, ate dinner and had our manicure/pedicure done... also tried that banana roti for dessert (YUM YUM).

Day 6 - Breakfast was at Cafe Lillawadee, it was the most expensive breakfast I've ever had. $40 per person... luckily we had 50% discount on all food & beverages ... we went 3 times, the sausages & fried rice were simply divine and the pastries were to-die-for. We planned on checking out Khao Lak, see the Tsunami memorial, go to the national parks but decided not to and spent the entire morning lounging at the beach. Collected seashells (planned to sneak them back to Australia) and chased crabs (hahah they were so elusive). One thing that was a let down for this resort was it's not a place for singles or young people, it's a place for complete relaxation and for honeymooners/couples. We spent the entire two days missing our bfs and wishing they were there with us. We certainly got a lot of looks, they probably thought we were lesbians. LOL Anyway, we also had mixed feelings about our stay there, it was 99% caucasians, the only other asians were the 4 korean couples and us. In one hand, we felt "rich, special and important" because we could "afford" to stay at a place like this and on the other hand, we felt bad for the people working there, it just seemed like they were slaves to the "white" people. Hmmmm... Ness & I discussed this throughout our stay there, don't get me wrong, we can't fault the place... as I said before, it's paradise! We had dinner at Cafe Lillawadee, opted out of the seafood buffet (kinda regretting it now though, it just looked sooo delicious), ordered ala carte instead. It took 1 hour for our pasta to arrive. >_< But thankfully they kept the olive bread & bread sticks coming. We also ordered antipasto platter, we thought it'd look like the ones served here in Aus but it was just prosciutto and melon balls. *sigh* The staff were so helpful, they noticed us slapping ourselves silly so they brought insect repellant for us. Such angels, I tell you. LOL

Day 7 - Checked out of Le Meridien, we booked a driver to take us to Phuket Airport, costs 1,500baht ($71). This is the only driver who came, not on time, but EARLY! So we tipped him an additional 100baht.

That was just a copy & paste job from my Thailand JBR. I'll add a few things, we've requested twin beds but got a king bed. We requested to be transferred or have the bed separated but that didn't happen. They gave us two blankets instead and more pillows so my friend and I can have some kind of divider. As I said, I doubt they cater for singles... only couples! The beach is perfect if you're after relaxation, it's pretty far from the main town. One of their restaurants (I think the steakhouse) was undergoing reburbishments, don't know if that's still the case. All in all, a great place to stay. I would definitely go back there again & take advantage of Star Hot rates! hehehe

Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort Overview

The resort is close to local sites and attractions such as the Khao Lak Center, Tham Phung Chang (Stalactites Cave), Ratchprapa Dam, and Similan Islands.

The resort features 243 guestrooms, suites, and villas. The spacious deluxe guestrooms feature a contemporary design gently blended with elegant Thai style. The villas are the pinnacle of luxury, and some of these private residences offer private pool, Jacuzzi, massage gazebo, direct beach access, open-air rain shower, and personal butler service.

A hidden paradise set at the edge of a far blue sea and close to untouched forests, fringed by seven miles of pristine beach and adorned with exotic fragrant foliage, Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach and Spa Resort offers an indulgent experience interspersed with moments of rapture.

This resort features services and amenities such as wireless Internet access, currency exchange facility, express check-out, safe-deposit box, laundry and dry cleaning service, medical assistance, 24-hour front desk service, tour desk, beauty salon and a 24-hour business center.

Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort Amenities

• Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes