Le Meridien Bora Bora

Le Meridien Bora Bora Rates and Deals

Le Meridien Bora Bora Reviews

haisaiojisan haisaioj…
Overwater Bungalow with glass floor is magnificent! Sep 16, 2012
Le Meridien Bora Bora, a 5-Star hotel, is very nice, clean and in a perfect location. A 10 minute boat ride to Anau and another 15 minute drive into Vaitape. The waters, beaches and facilities is provides are great. But what I've read on other forums and feedback regarding this hotel; It's my belief that folks are rating this hotel with the beauty of the island all that it has to provide more so that the actual hotel itself. Don't get me wrong,...my wife and I had a great honeymoon. But there were several shortcomings that were difficult to go unnoticed.

I will start off with the negatives then work my way into the positives. My wife and I stayed 6 nights in the Over Water Bungalow with direct access to the ocean and glass floor. Our bungalow was not a Premium Bungalow but received the same benefits as the Premium. Our bungalow was at the very end (#232) and provided a perfect view of Mt. Otemanu. She, in her late 30s and I, in my early 40s; enjoy quiet, nature (especially birds and the sound of the ocean hitting the beaches), a good book and hot springs (just a little about us so you may be able to compare yourself to us).

Cons: For the price that I payed, I was expecting more and better.

1) Our guide books told us that we would receive a stuffed turtle, t-shirt for him and paleo for her. Turtle was missing. I asked the front desk and was told that we would receive it two days prior to check out. This day came and went and nothing was received until I mentioned it upon checkout. And as it turns out, this turtle is supposed to be used to let the cleaning staff know whether to change your sheets or not. Since we didn't have the turtle, our sheets were never changed which didn't bother us much at all.

2) The t-shirt that I received was in XL which is too large for me. I phoned the front desk regarding this and was told to leave the t-shirt on the coffee table and that it would be changed out with an L size t-shirt the next morning. Nothing happened for the next three days so I approached the front desk and was told that XL is the only size they had and that all other sizes were on their way. So I figured that I would have to settle for the XL. Upon check out, I mentioned the t-shirt issue with another person. I was then told that all they had was XL and L sized t-shirts and that all other sizes were on their way. I received the L sized t-shirt after all. This tells me that the employees are not on the same page and are juggling different pieces of information and not talking to one another.

3) Our package included breakfast and dinner. Both were not that great. Japan has great convenient stores and I believe that I've tasted better at one of those convenient stores. Breakfast buffet at Le Meridien was much better than the dinner buffet. Italian, Asian, French, Seafood nights seem to be make dos to mimic the theme and fell short in taste and visible appearance.

4) Lack of amenities: No disposable shaver. Small bottles of shampoo and conditioner. No comb or brush.

5) Sink choice was a terrible decision. The vessel was too small and didn't quite fit well with the faucet. The knob took some getting used too; but that wasn't until after a few days of splashing water on the floor and ourselves. Expect a mess when using either of the two sinks.

Pros:

1) Staff was friendly. Especially the staff on the beach, room service, turtle lagoon and boat staff.

2) Bungalow was kept clean daily.

3) Location was great and the view was magnificent.

4) Glass floor is huge! And even being at the far end, fish are visible.

5) Premises is very clean and difficult to get lost.

6) Great beaches and inner lagoon.

7) Massage room provides a great relaxing ambiance and privacy.

8) Great excursions to choose from and bookings are made smoothly.

9) Free boat ride to Anau.

10) Canoe breakfast was a great experience and was much better than the buffet. Do expect to have a lot of left-overs however.

There are no regrets staying at Le Meridien but I did expect top-notch service and amenities. I believe they could and can do a much better job at pleasing customers. Even with the shortcomings in communication within the staff and the other cons I listed above, my wife and I had a great time and would not change it for anything. However, if I was to be asked whether to stay at Le Meridien, I would honestly tell that person to look elsewhere. The next time we go to Bora Bora, we will look at another resort as well.

Le Meridien Bora Bora Overview

Bora Bora is 234km North West from the main island of Tahiti. Flying time from Papeete is 40 minutes on a schedule flight. The Resort located on the southern tip of a 10 kilometre long Motu (islet on the coral reef) facing the island of Bora Bora and is surrounded by the most beautiful lagoon in the world and stunning views over the mount Otemanu. It takes approximately 15 minutes by private launch to the resort from the Bora Bora airport and 5 minutes by boat to the main island. The resort has been completely renovated in late 2010 in a contemporary and elegant style. A complimentary daily boat shuttle between the hotel and the main island (in Anau) is available until late at night. The Resort has a giant interior lagoon with sea turtles (free swimming anytime for the guests) and more than 100 fish species. Return transfers to/from the airport are provided by the hotel's boat and are payable direct to the hotel.

The Resort was completely renovated in late 2010. Set in a Polynesian atmosphere, it is a luxurious and contemporary resort offering a wide range of Bungalows and Overwater/Premium Overwater villas with the biggest glass floors in French Polynesia. The resort offers a well known Ecological centre for sea turtles protection with free turtle feeding and scientific session everyday at 10:30am. The giant interior lagoon with sea turtles has more than 100 fish species (free swimming anytime for the guests). The 2000 square feet infinity swimming pool with Jacuzzi, waterfall, pool bar and new deck offers a spectacular view over the Otemanu Mont. Many free activities are offered such as Polynesian outrigger, canoe, snorkeling, beach volley. Various romantic options are available such as over-water chapel for weddings, canoe breakfasts or romantic dinners under the stars. The wellness centre is open 7 days a week and offers various massages and treatments. The resort has an Overwater Chapel with a glass bottom overlooking the lagoon. Ideal for those wanting to complement their wedding with a traditional Polynesian ceremony. A Tahitian priest will conduct the ceremony. Romantic dinners can also be celebrated on the chapel terrace. Return transfers to/from the airport are provided by the hotel's boat and are payable direct to the hotel. Please contact us for child rates and policy. Note when meals are included in the room rate, meals are served at the Buffet Restaurant. SS0311.

Individual Polynesian Bungalows and Villas scattered around the beach and overwater, all surrounded by a magnificent lagoon.

Lagoon Bungalows are either located at the beginning of the pontoon or in the interior lagoon. They offer the same style and decoration than the other overwater bungalows except for the glazed window into the floor and they do not offer a direct access to the lagoon (shallow water or sand). Good alternative to enjoy the resort at a lower rate.

Open Polynesian style lobby, very impressive.

There is 1 bar and 3 restaurants at the resort including 1 gourmet and 1 white sandy-bottom venue. Le Tipanie restaurant includes ?world menu? buffet dining offering different themes each nights and a fantastic setting along the lagoon surrounded by a rich marine life. The gourmet venue, Le Tiare restaurant, offers a la carte menu with dishes mixing a combination of fine French cuisine with a Polynesian influence. It is also located along the lagoon. Te Ava is a sandy bottom floor restaurant and is the ideal place for relaxed lunches along the infinity swimming pool. Miki Miki Bar is the main bar of the resort with a delightful and casual setting. It offers a large selection of tropical cocktails in an authentic Polynesian atmosphere while overlooking Mount Otemanu.

5 kms to city centre, 5 kms to the nearest airport (motu-mute), Close to the beach.

Le Meridien Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Body Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes