Le Meridien Angkor

Le Meridien Angkor Rates and Deals

Le Meridien Angkor Siem Reap Reviews

lazcano2001 lazcano2…
great! hotel and city Jul 14, 2011
I Arrived at Siem Reap and were greeted by the driver, some water and a refreshing wet towel, which is always a pleasant welcome. We received a further welcome drink when checking in too.

We booked a double room which was big, had a day bed, separate bath tub and shower. The tv was a crt type, which looks a bit dated and there's no internet in the room.

Breakfast is international buffet style and service there is good, nothing special. The best breakfast item is the noodle soup and everything else is fine.

The concierge staff had good levels of English and were able to give us good advice on visiting the temples and local eateries. They also managed to find us a driver who spoke good English for the three days we were touring the temples.

The swimming pool is very nice and although is of uncommon shape due to aesthetics, it is large enough for exercising. The sauna, steam room and gym are small though.

It's the closest hotel to the Angkor temples but Siem Reap is not that big so it's not a huge advantage. However being so close to the airport meant that they were able to deliver my passport there after I had left it the hotel so thank you very much!
susiemengo susiemen…
Nice but not perfect... Apr 25, 2011
About the tap water...it's yellow with dirt, we called their room service, but still the problem could not be solved. also the aircondition had some problem during my stay...However, I was satisfied with their friendly staff and the hotel facilities!:)
yigg yigg
Luxury hotel for a budget price Mar 15, 2011
Extremely great value. A little out of the way but extremely nice hotel to stay at. For a LRM property it's probably middle of the road.
momar42 momar42
Perhaps pricey, but worth the price. Nov 01, 2010
Le Meridien hotels have always impressed me with their amenities and their service and the one in Siem Reap is no exception.

Located very close to the temples in Angkor, I think this hotel is actually the closest to the temple area. If proximity to the airport is a concern then perhaps another would do, but at only about a 30 min drive in Siem Reap's mind boggling traffic, its still not very far. Access to the local downtown area with its respective market and "pub street" is best reached by the local transport, a tuk tuk. For those that are not familiar, a moped (of which there is an unending procession) pulls an attached rikshaw type seating area. At 2-3USD one way, it is nothing if not affordable. Seeing the city from the back of one is something that should be experienced at least once and some of the drivers go out of their way to provide quite alot of flair in what they do (the self proclaimed #1 Tuk Tuk driver in the world being a notable example).

The reason to come to Siem Reap and possibly even Cambodia overall of course is the temple complex in Angkor. In about a ten minute drive (plus time to stop and get your entrance ticket) you will be at the most famous and historical temple Angkor Wat. I will defer to other reviewers here, but needless to say it is awe-inspiring.

The hotel itself offered many things to do while on the premises. A beautiful pool area is but one of the many pleasant outdoor areas to enjoy. The fitness center and spa area are very nice as well. My roomrate ($150 USD) included a daily complimentary breakfast which while leaning heavily on local cuisine, was very hearty and filling. Internet was NOT complimentary but wireless is available throughtout the hotel and guest rooms for $15 USD per day. If you choose not to pay, there are COUNTLESS wifi hot spots for free throughout the restaurant area that you can use to catch up on whatever you have fled from in the first place.

The staff was extremely helpful and courteous and spoke very good English. Check in and check out went off without a hitch and their were smiles in abundance. The hotel was immaculately clean as were the guest rooms. All facilities that you would expect of such a hotel brand were present: Complimentary soap/shampoo ect., shower stall and bath. The beds were firm but comfortable and a ceiling fan helped move the air when I didnt want to use the A/C. All lighting and enviroment controls were located on the nightstand alarm clock which turned out to be very convenient.

All in all this was a fantastic hotel in a beautiful part of the world. I knew it would be impressive but it exceeded everything I had thought. I would certainly visit Siem Reap and the temples of Angkor...and when I do, I will not hesitate to stay at the Le Meridien Hotel.
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Beautiful new hotel a bit out of town Apr 18, 2009
I stayed at Le Meridien in Siem Reap in the beginning of April 2009. I booked the room online on the the Starwood Preferred Guest website and it was 130 USD plus taxes.

The transport to the hotel in taxi was 7 USD and takes about 20-30 minutes. The hotel seems to be brand new and the welcoming was great. We were greeted and asked to sit down in a sofa. After handing over the passport and the credit card we got a cold cloth and a welcome drink and we didn’t even have time to finish the drinks before the papers were ready and we could be escorted to our room. The reception is very nice and stylish by the way, high ceilings, minimalistic but still not naked.

We got room 3110 and the room was very nice at first glance. When entering the room there was a small hallway leading to the bedroom straight forward. To the right was a small hallway containing the wardrobe, the safe, a place for placing a suitcase and it also lead to the bathroom. The bathroom was tiled in dark tiles which seemed to work in a strange way. The tiles seemed to glitter when they got wet and it was a pretty cool effect. But the main thing was of course that it had a proper shower corner and a separate bathtub. The bathroom featured the regular amenities but also had mouth wash like the Meridien I stayed at in Bangkok. There was a “window” between the bathroom and the bedroom which is a cool feature to start with at least. But the drawback is of course that it does not offer that much privacy.

The bedroom was with dark wooden floor, dark furniture, a huge bed (again a bit too hard for me), modern lighting (and enough of lighting), a separate sofa that I guess could have been made into an extra bed, a small table and a long furniture that was desk, place for a suitcase, place for TV and minibar, coffee making facilities. The TV was rather disappointing as it was a tiny CRT TV…but I guess you don’t go to Siem Reap to watch TV.

Every night we got small marshmallows and some other candy and we also got more complimentary water when asking for it. So the service at the hotel was very good. We also got help from the concierge for booking tours, info on getting into town, making reservations at restaurants etc.

The pool area was inspired by Angkor Wat and looked great but it is not ideal if you want to use the pool for working out. It was also a bit on the warm side – believe it or not. It is also out of the main building so it is a bit of a walk to get there.

Location of the hotel is not too bad. It is located on the way out of Siem Reap towards Angkor Wat. Getting around was not a problem as there were tuk-tuk’s available at any given time and getting into Old Market only took 5 minutes and cost 2 USD.

The breakfast was great and was more or less in line with what you expect from a great hotel in Asia. There was an extensive selection of bread, not to great selection of cereal, good juice, a booth for getting your eggs done, a noodle station, miso soup stand, home made yogurt, pancakes etc. The coffee was served nice and warm and was even changed when it got cold.

Le Meridien in Siem Reap was a wonderful hotel in my experience. Being brand new the facilities seems to be top notch as expected but it also seems that there is a good management to give the hotel that little extra to make it a very good hotel. I would have enjoyed seeing a softer bed alternative and I would of course enjoyed seeing free wifi. There is wifi at the hotel but it seemed to be a bit of a mission to get the access (call the business centre to get username and password sent to the room). But apart from that the hotel is highly recommended.
The bed
The lobby
The pool area
The TV
BlueskyHawaii BlueskyH…
Jan 24, 2008
We went to Siemreap last July. This hotel is perfect! great service&affordable price. We got the upgrade our room to the suites which has a living room, office and bedroom all together...very impressive with the Cambodian decoration and teak wood furnitures.

The swimming pool is very nice&clean, it looks like old time Roman bath, the water in the pool is so clear green. I love the breakfast buffet that comes with the package that hotel offers, there are various type of foods: American, Continental, Asian ...whatever you like, you can pick&eat until you are fulled. The package that I bought included one day tour at Angkor Wat too, I think the memory and service we received worth every penny I spent.
The swimming pool at Le Meridien A…

Le Meridien Angkor Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes