Le Malongo Cafe

50 rue St André des Arts 75006 Paris, Paris, France

Le Malongo Cafe Paris Reviews

ducktapecow ducktape…
Cosmopolitan coffee spot at Place St. Michel May 07, 2010
I. Love. Coffee. And I would like to consider myself a coffee-snob well at least in training :) One of my favorite things is seeking out nice cafes where you can hunker down slowly sip on a nice brew by yourself or with some friends. Lately, I've been having trouble finding coffee only cafes in Paris. While every food establishment in the city seems to serve espresso I've really been searching out a coffee establishment with little luck until I stumbled onto Le Malongo.

The cafe is large with two seating areas accomdating around 25 tables total (est). The style is trendy and cosmopolitan. Stainless steel and wood finished tables, leather benches accented with bright artwork on the wals. Bright lights and tons of texture dominate the space.

As with most coffee offerings as I have found in the city. Espresso is the star of the cafe and is offered from every major coffee region on the planet, whatever your taste Malongo has it. They also offer a French press for two (if I translated correctly). Beyond the espresso offerings, all the usual espresso based drinks are available; cappuccino, latte, macchiato,etc. Tea is also available here, but to be honest I only glanced at that portion of the menu and noted its existence. I really wanted coffee.

In addition to drinks, small pastries and snacks are ready for consumption. Forumlas of drink and food options are available for reasonable prices too. The cafe also sells coffee bean, tea, and some coffee making equipment in the store.

During my visit I had an espresso from Columbia and a cappuccino. Both were excellent and the cappuccino was especially smooth too. Each was served with a little sugar on the side and a small Valrhona dark chocolate square.

I really enjoyed this cafe, they played nice background music too, upbeat and not too loud. I will definetly be making regular trips to the cafe, and on my next trip I will take a look at tea, food, and retail items to complete this review. Otherwise, enjoy!

Check Paris Hotel Deals