Le Grand Cafe

Cannes, France

Le Grand Cafe Cannes Reviews

Vioweil Vioweil
With how many dogs and cats have you shared your cutlery? Dec 14, 2011
It was a sunny beautiful day in Cannes, so after a nice walk along the beach I reached the Festival Palace and the chic terraces and restaurants located there. As I was wearing casual clothes (not elegant enough for the standards of the restaurants in that area) I chose to have lunch in the restaurant Le Grand Café which looked more appropriate for my jeans style.

I ordered my meal and while waiting for it I noticed a young pair taking place at a table not very far from mine. They had with them a little dog which I supposed would reasonable wait on the floor while its owners would enjoy their lunch. The little beast (kidding, it was a cute little dog:) was wearing a jacket with dozens of Swarovski crystals (no need to say such a dog jacket costs up to 100-150 EUR).

They ordered a beef steak and a raw grilled salmon. Nothing weird you will say, but don`t hurry to make this statement, both meals were for that little “beast” of max. 1,5 kg weight!!

And so the woman took the dog on her lap and started to feed him using the cutlery and dishes of the restaurant which were supposed for human use only. Yes, the dog got its steak and salmon served directly in its muzzle with the restaurant`s fork and also licked the dishes. Then he drank water directly from the restaurant`s cups and got its muzzle cleaned with the restaurant`s napkin!!!

I couldn`t believe my eyes! So I asked to speak with the restaurant manager, thinking he doesn`t know what is happening. Well, the manager told me with a very polite tone and with an artificial smile sticked on his face: “No problem, mademoiselle, if they feed their doggie using the cutlery, dishes and napkins destined for human use! We have the best equipment and products to perfectly clean them afterwards!”

I never litigate with idiots for I know they will beat me with experience and bring me down to their level... So I paid my meal without finishing it and left the restaurants, wondering with how many dogs, cats and even monkeys I have shared the cutlery I used today!
rich spoiled little "beast"
rich spoiled little "beast"

Check Cannes Hotel Deals