Le Grand Balcon du Café Glacier

Le Grand Balcon du Café Glacier - My vegetarian pizza

Le Grand Balcon du Café Glacier Marrakech Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
The best place to take photos of Jemaa El Fna May 29, 2011
Le Grand Balcon du Café Glacier is located on the Jemaa El Fna. The café is very plain, but the best place to take photos of the plaza and to watch people there.

To avoid people just coming up to the roof top terrace to enjoy the view, you have to pass through a cashier where you have to buy a drink before you can enter the terrace. A soft drink is Dh 20, which is pricy in Morocco. It is very touristy, but good for what it is. It´s no doubt that they have the best view of the Jamaa El Fna.

We went there to enjoy the view and have a drink after a walking tour of Marrakech, but ended up staying for dinner. The view and the people watching were just too good to leave. The menu is not very big, but they do serve pizza, skewers and tajines. We tried one of each and it was surprisingly good for what kind of place it is. I had a vegetarian pizza, which was very good and those who had fries said that they were good and very warm (something which has been rare on our two weeks in Morocco). When you are ready, you pay by the cashier as you exit. A 5% service charge is added to the bill. My pizza was Dh 45 (€4,5). Not bad at all!

I have read bad reviews of this place, but we were happy with our experience. Just don´t expect the whole world. It is very plain. Le Grand Balcon du Café Glacier is the only place where you have a great view of the entire Jemaa El Fna, it´s very touristy, but I would recommend it for a great view of the plaza and for having a drink.
Le Grand Balcon du Café Glacier
Inside dining on the ground floor
My vegetarian pizza