Le Gourmet De Seze

129 RUE DE SEZE, Lyon, France

Le Gourmet De Seze Lyon Reviews

bernard69 bernard69
A FINE BUT CLASSIC FRENCH CUISINE Jan 14, 2011
I enjoyed again on a "business" lunch the restaurant of Bernard Mariller,opened 20 years ago after working in prestigious restaurants(Lameloise,Troisgros,Robuchon).This chef,one Michelin* who grew up in a farm in Sâone&Loire gives priority to the quality of the products from the land and is a perfect teacher(my wife had a course with him few years ago..).

In a large but cosy diningroom with only 9 tables,we had his cheapest menu washed with a Crozes-Hermitage 2006.I had after the classic and perpetual squash velouté,a crispy pig's foot(tasty but a lil fatty) and Swiss chard with a mustard and balsamic vinegar sauce then a nice young veal flank with carrots,onions and raisins.

As starter, 3 of us had a Jerusalem artichoke velouté with snail fricassée,parsley and garlic sauce and as main course a small hake with spinach and polenta.

All of us enjoyed the 4 desserts:orange crepe,lychee dessert,raspberry mousse and vanilla cream.The 2 other were great:"winter" fruits infused with mint and sorbets and the last was a delicious chocolate fondant.
outside
inside,a classic but cosy diningro…
the "business" menu
a classic mise en bouche
bernard69 says:
it's up to u Christian!this "canteen" is constant,good,cosy, perhaps a little too classic,too conventional:I like fantasy and fusion cuisine....
Posted on: Jan 16, 2011
Chokk says:
My GOD I have to vist you again soon!
Posted on: Jan 16, 2011