Le Fils de Jules

Le Fils de Jules - My dish

Le Fils de Jules Brussels Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Basques food Jul 22, 2012
Le Fils de Jules is a good Basque restaurant located in the wonderful Chatelain area, where restaurants flourish on almost every street corner. In this odyssey of suggestions we decided to enter it due to the fact that it is open until quite late. They have a nice outdoor seating area where you sit along the restaurant itself and are therefore able to follow the activities on the street. We decided to go inside because we had been outside all day and it was getting a bit cold, as the time was getting close to 10 pm. Belgians like the southern European eat quite late so there were still some other customer inside and the outside area was almost full.

We found a table in the corner and we were given a menu by the friendly waitress that returned soon thereafter again to take our drinking orders and explain a bit about the menu. Many of the dishes were unknown to me, as they were Basque specialities. My friend went for the traditional Entrecôte de Bœuf Angus, Purée de Pommes de Terre au Bleu des Basques that cost 25,80 €, while I went for the Axoa d'Espelette, with pommes au Thym for 19,35 €. I had never tried my dish before but it consisted of shoulder of veal, onion, red pepper, green chillies' sweet Anglet, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt and Espelette pepper. The food tasted absolutely great and it was a full meal; I was quite glad that I hadn't order dishes, as the portion also was quite large.

The service was swift and precise; and we enjoyed the meal. The Chatelain area is full of many different food offers and you should choose to try something different every time you are in the area as you hardly will go wrong in any of the places. Le Fils de Jules is a place that is worth a visit.
My dish