Le Celestin

Rue Céléstin Hastir, Ixelles, Belgium

Le Celestin Ixelles Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Le Celestin Mar 19, 2010
Le Celestin is something as unusual as a 24/24 bar with a open kitchen all the time. I had walked by hundreds of times and might had a couple of beers here the last couple of years, but since I stayed at Hotel Le Chatelain I decided to do yet another visit.

It was Friday late afternoon, and the place was quite empty but it still smelled like a place that had served beer the last 50 years. The smoke smell carried around; there were only 3 other people in the bar besides me and the waitress and the 24/7 chef.

Inside you have the traditional dark tables with leather chairs and benches dressed up in red fabric that could have been stolen from my grandma's sofa from the 1930th. In the corner of the place their kitchen "coin cuisine" is situated; it looks like any street take away, but I quite like the concept.

In the middle you have the bar which is classic looking with a wooden board supported with a brass holder for both your hands and feet. The hand one been th most clean; I guess it is to far down for the cleaning lady. At the opposite end of the "coin cuisine" there are two playing machines; one old Montana and the other one a Montana de luxe!!

Two of the guests were stuck on the machines and one of them being the waitress that probably works night. She knew the machine and the place well it was obvious; her phone was always ringing behind the bar. My guess is that she was a very beautiful woman, when she was young and she probably started here long time ago but never met the prince on the white horse. Today it is probably too late but she haven't given up hope. She has this 'used beauty' over her and she handles the machine as a pro, which must have been the product of hours of practice.
Le Celestin
A beer in Celestin
One of the tables
Africancrab says:
Congratulations Christian, when I saw the beer I knew this would be good ha-ha!
Posted on: Mar 25, 2010
Chokk says:
Thank you all for all the comments and congratz
Posted on: Mar 25, 2010
KeikoCreative says:
Chris congrats on your featured!:)
Posted on: Mar 24, 2010