Le Canadian River

www.canadianriver.fr - 33(0)477974689

Le Canadian River Saint Etienne-le-Molard Reviews

bernard69 bernard69
Famous for its frog legs and calves head! Aug 15, 2011
We were strolling in the park of the amazing Château de la Bâtie d'Urfé on an Assomption day waiting for our lunch,unfortunately its restaurant was fully booked and after half an hour of anxiety,we headed,though its name:) to Le Canadian River located in the middle of nowhere but already very busy with families.

The menus were very cheap for a public holiday,usually you can have only the most expensive and finally we chose the 21 euro menu.

My wife had a correct and generous buffet followed by tasty frog legs,cheese and the dessert gourmand with strawberry icecream,chocolate mousse,caramel cream and fruit salad.

I really enjoyed the calves head and its gribiche sauce then a small(meat is expensive in France) rare piece of beef followed by a fromage blanc and the dessert gourmand all washed by a Rasteau,a Côtes du Rhône wine.

This restaurant with a good service,friendly and generous owner is located close to a river and in an area planted with trees of more than 12 acres
my calves head with gribiche sauce
closer
the tiny but good entrecôte
part of the buffet
spocklogic says:
That's good tongue and cheek advice - I am giving you an extra smile for that!
bernard69 says:
u'll eat no brain there, only part of the tongue,cheeks...
spocklogic says:
Can't say I've ever had calves head, but it does look sort of good. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it's as tasty as it looks, despite being part of the head, which I am usually averse to eating.
Posted on: Aug 23, 2011

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Le Canadian River Map