Le Breughel

Check Namur Hotel Deals

Le Breughel Namur Reviews

Gord22 Gord22
Has to be the Worst Hotel in Europe Oct 09, 2010
We were heading back through Belgium after a week in beautiful Germany staying at wonderful hotels. It was getting late so we headed off the motorway at Numur in search of sleep and food. The first hotel we came across was a Chinese restaurant/ hotel called 'Le Breughe' 'Jardin Du The'

The restaurant seemed to have a few customers so we had a quick inspect of room which seemed ok on first glance, but we were very tired and decided to go with it, as we needed to eat also.

The girl asked us to pay in advance, which should have been a huge reg flag, but again because we were so tired my fiance pregnant also, we paid for the room. It was not 'Cheap' 60eu for room + Breakfast on top.

We left our stuff in the room and ate. The Chinese food was nothing special, I love my Chinese food, but this was quite poor by comparison to what we have in the UK. Several of the dishes had no seasoning at all, and we had to ask for salt for the squid and Beef dishes and they both tasted extremely bland.

After dinner we retired to the room, only to find NO pillowcases on the pillows, they had draped a towel over the two pillows,. Then we discovered the bedding was dirty and had no bottom sheet. Just a cover covering the mattress, my fiance had some bedding with her and we used this. The staff spoke little English so we could not complain as they looked at us blankly.

The bed was uncomfortable, the bathroom had no shower cubicle just a shower on a hose in the bath. No where was there to hang the shower head. So we had a shower sitting in the bathtub. There was no shower curtain, the sink had no pressure at all the water dribbled out slowly.

It was then we discovered the dirt, behind the curtains (which were not even cut to length so draped all over the floor ) in the bathroom, in the corners of the room, it was to be frank disgusting.

As we had paid (now we realised why they insisted we pay in advance) we could do nothing but make the best of it. Which was difficult.

Morning came, we had prepaid breakfast, looking forward to the usual breads, hams cheeses, eggs and cereal we had enjoyed before at other hotels in Belgium,

We had paid Eu20 for breakfast and she gave us 2 bread rolls and a croissant and a coffee. That was it

So we asked for some eggs - No she said, Could we have another croissant? No she said. She went in kitchen where a man came out and said the eu20 is for 2 bread rokls, 1 croissant and a coffee and that is it. If we want eggs we have to pay more.

That was it for us, we got up and left disgusted at the state of the hotel, the rubbish breakfast and the staff attitude which stunk.

In 30 years of traveling, I have never stayed in such a dire, dirty, awful hotel run by rude people.

It was a lesson learned.
Front outside.
davidx davidx
A bit of a mystery Sep 12, 2003
This was a booking made for me by phone in the very helpful tourist office in Namur on the day itself in 2003. I then discovered that it was some way out and that buses were not exactly frequent.

It was not until the driver put me out that I realised that the Chaussée de Liège was very long (no; I didn't have the number of the property that would certainly have been a bit of a clue!) Nor did I know that there had been a recent change of ownership and that signs outside were for the Jardin du Thé. The Thai/Chinese restaurant of that name still maintained the hotel but had not yet got round to signing it and I walked past twice before a helpful garage mechanic put me straight. Even now it might be easier to look for the restaurant!

it was a fair enough place to stay and of course I ate there as well - very good meal but I did not warm overmuch to the aromas wafting up to my room - good as they were.

Check Namur Hotel Deals