Le Bistro Cafe

1213 15th Street, Altoona, PA, USA

Le Bistro Cafe Altoona Reviews

pinchora pinchora
A little bit of European Essence in small town charm May 23, 2009
I first saw Le Bistro a couple of months ago when I was going for a run. I saw a sign, that was on a poster board sized paper, and decided to go see what it was guiding me towards. I walked up and it was a really cute little restaurant that had an Italian/Greek feel to it.

I asked a couple of people I knew to go with me but we never got around to it... so when my mom came to visit I gave her 4 restaurant options to go to; Marzzoni's (which is like a steak house), Al's Tavern (the all american cuisine), Lena's (Italian) or Le Bistro (Mediteranean)... my mom picked Le Bistro.

The ambiance was great...it had more of an upclass feel. The walls felt like the Greek place I went to in Oak Park, Il called [url=http://www.travbuddy.com/Papaspiros-Greek-Taverna-v8861]Papaspiros[/url]. And the ceiling had a sistine chapel feel to it. The staff was well dressed and very polite. This restaurant seemed like it should have been in the cultural district of Pittsburgh where all the theaters and broadway plays come to... like the places that my friends and I go all dressed up to and pay over $30 a person just for a main course for.

We looked at the restaurant and they had a large selection of different type of foods. They had a Greek, Mediteranean or Woldorf Salads; a large selection of soups, pasta's, seafood, steak and chicken. They also have deli sandwiches named after things that have to do with Altoona and great dinner entrees.

I decided to get the Beef Roulade. It was steak stuffed with asparagus, feta cheese and mushrooms with a side of mixed veggies and baked potatos with a side salad or cole slaw and dinner roll. The sauce over the steaks was so savory and the mushrooms had a taste that was out of this world. The baked potatos had part of the potato pulled out and mashed and replaced back in so the bottom meat of the potato and the skin was stiff like a baked potato but the top layer was a decadent whipped topping spiced perfectly with cheddar cheese melted on top and a sliver of bacon accenting the the masterpiece on the plate.

Le Bistro is definitely something I would recommend going to if you are in the Altoona area of Pennsylvania. This restaurant takes you out of the ho hum local flavor which most of the local taverns and locally owned restaurants seem to mimic. The restaurant can be something for a special occasion where you want to dress up a bit or if you're just looking for a casual night out with a little flare. If you miss out on this experience you're pretty much stupid!

By the way if you do go here and you are not walking and just looking for the sign to guide you you'll miss it as you drive... so just remember the streets 15th and 12th!

Thank you!
the dining area of Le Bistro
my Beef Roulade
my mom's Hawaiian Chicken with Wol…

Check Altoona Hotel Deals