Le Bernardin

www.le-bernardin.com - (212) 554-1515

Le Bernardin New York Reviews

danqye danqye
Great French Resturant May 25, 2011
It is definitely a must go resturant in NY.

Friend of me recommanded this place. I went on a Tuesday, but it was packed. I had no choice but to sit at the bar. Initially I was amazed by the drink. I asked the bartender to surprise me, and he made a lychee Martini for me. It was really tasty.

I decided to try their four course set. It is 115 for four courses. My friend and I orded tuna and oyster as appertizer. I normally don't like raw oyster, but this place has challenged my tradition, I actually fall in love with their oyster. The tuna is also really good, I don't like tuna sasimi, but the way chef cook this tuna makes it takes totally different, but really yummy.

Later comes the precourse. I don't actually remember the exact name, but its start from L. This is the best dish that I've ever had. They put cook the shrimp in the way that it got a really special taste, but you still feel the fresh of the shirmp.
mrgishi mrgishi
Five Star French Seafood Nov 02, 2010
Le Bernardin is the flag ship of chef extraordinaire, Eric Ripert, and owned by Maguy Le Coze. The restaurant's focus is on French inspired seafood of the highest quality, which has earned it a coveted three Michelin stars. Everything about the experience is elegant from the huge arrays of fresh flowers to the expert sommeliers. No doubt the bill will be very hefty, but worth it in my opinion for a very special occasion.

After a salmon tartare amuse bouche, I had my first course of a kampachi tartare with marinated Japanese cucumber and Asian citrus vinegar. Every bite is light, fresh and flavorful. My second course was bacalao with grapes, garlic chips, almonds and white gazpacho. The main course was hiramasa with truffle risotto, spring vegetables and black truffle emulsion (pure indulgence). And for dessert I had caramelized mission fig, red wine caramel, hazelnut, goat cheese fondant and bacon ice cream.
tuna tartare amuse bouche