Lazy Republique

Check Koh Chang Hotel Deals

Lazy Republique Koh Chang Reviews

amylaichareonsup amylaich…
Modern & affordable villas in Bai Lan Jul 03, 2013
You can really tell when love, care, and attention to detail have played an important role in the foundations of a business, and I would conclude that this is the case at Lazy Republique: From the continuously freshly brewed coffee, to the rattan decorations and various modern fixtures in the spacious bathroom, the understated, purposely unfinished, light grey walls, the perfectly placed, extremely cute black alarm clock on the glass-top desk, the comfy bed, the delicious, dense, and crusty bread that is served in the hotel restaurant, and don't even get me started on the chocolate lava cake, which is more soufflé, than it is cake...YUM! There is an option to have breakfast included with the room rate for only a few more dollars, or 150 baht ($5) if ordered separately, and I would say I loved every single second of my breakfasts at Lazy Republique...eggs however you'd like them prepared, crispy bacon or ham, delicious, freshly sliced and slightly toasted bread, served with lightly salted butter and homemade orange marmalade, as well as freshly squeezed orange juice, brewed coffee, and beautifully carved seasonal fresh fruit. The a la carte lunch and dinner menus offers a variety of Western dishes as well as Thai items, and I fell head over heels, in lust, with the spicy salami sandwich, which meets all my criteria for being the perfectly assembled sandwich; perfect bread, perfect fillings, perfect spread, perfect fries. I had most of my meals at the hotel restaurant, and thoroughly enjoyed myself each time. Service is fantastic, and Leong and Nathalie, the husband and wife team who own the lovely resort, are beyond accomodating and hospitable!

As of today, there are only 4 free-standing, modern, concrete villas on the property, ecompassed by lush greenery, offering a magnificent view of Koh Chang's majestic mountains, as well as a partial view of the nearest beach, located just 200 meters away. Although the area, Bailan, is not nearly as developed or populated as the neighbouring beaches, that is actually what makes it more desirable to me. I only felt the need to walk to Lonely Beach (about 800 meters away--half a mile---)once, during my 4 day stay in Bailan. The wifi always seemed to reach my villa, even though the router was located in the lobby/restaurant, and the aircon was perpetually crisp and cool. I haven't found a bathroom in Southeast Asia with as much water pressure as I did in my immaculate villa at Lazy Republique, and having consistent hot water was such a treat! The spacious bathroom is ingenious, with the toilet and sink on one side, and the shower on the other, so the whole bathroom isn't wet from the water spraying everywhere, as is the case in most Thai bathrooms. There are a few critters hanging around; I had a tiny lizard keep me company during my stay :), but that's to be expected when surrounded by so much unadulterated nature. Lazy Republique went above and beyond my expectations, without breaking my wallet, and I'd HIGHLY recommend the resort to anyone and everyone who visits Koh Chang.

Check Koh Chang Hotel Deals