Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar

24201 Valencia Blvd. Valencia CA 91355 , Valencia, CA, USA

Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar Valencia Reviews

Cho Cho
Classic American Food Oct 09, 2015
When I was in California last month my older grandson Shane took me to this restaurant for dinner one Sunday. Don't let the name fool you. I didn't see any lazy dogs on display inside, just a popular restaurant packed with locals, and a few outsiders like myself.

It is located at the Valencia Town Center which is the biggest shopping mall in the Santa Clarita (California) area. As mentioned earlier, the place was full, I suppose being a Sunday but we were lucky and got a table without having to wait.

For starters we ordered Cajun fries and a bottle of Corona beer for me. Cajun fries are really crispy french fries served with chipotle ranch dipping sauce. It went very well with the beer!

It was not quite dinner time for me yet, so not being very hungry I opted for just the Tex-Mex salad which consisted of a generous mix of Chicken breast, black beans, cheddar cheese, corn, avocado, tomato, BBQ sauce and hand-cut tortilla strips, what a great amount! So much so that I couldn't even finish it. I think I've mentioned before in one of my travel blogs or reviews about the big portions that are served in restaurants here in the United States. I don't want to sound obnoxious, but in restaurants of most European countries the portions are so little. I was told by my European friends that over there they go for quality rather than quantity, so let's just leave it like that.

Although there were many customers, we didn't have to wait long for our orders. Oh, we didn't have any dessert as both of us were pretty full. I think the bill came up to about $40 for the two of us which isn't really that bad for a restaurant of this class. It was Shane's treat for his grandpa, so thanks very much Shane!

The Lazy Dog is open 7 days a week from 11am to 11pm on weekdays, and 10am to midnight on weekends.
Lazy Dog restaurant from street
Menu display at entrance
Reception area
Menu cover
Ils1976 says:
love the read and it is a pity there wasn't a lazy dog in sight! :D
I must agree that portions are huge in USA and in my case it is just the fact that I am not used to such large dishes, not sure if it has something to do with quality though. I once ate at a small diner in New York and got a normal size dish and it was the best pasta I've ever eat!
Posted on: Oct 11, 2015
Cho says:
I do too, Em....the American portions :)
Posted on: Oct 10, 2015
EmEm says:
Nice way to spend time with you grandson, Cho! Btw, I prefer American portions :)
Posted on: Oct 10, 2015