Lavender Lodge Kota Kinabalu

Lavender Lodge Kota Kinabalu Rates and Deals

Lavender Lodge Kota Kinabalu Reviews

canuck_downunder05 canuck_d…
Really liked this place Sep 11, 2011
We only spent a couple nights here but we really liked the centrally located Lavender Lodge. Our room, without a doubt is always on the 3rd or 4th floor. This place was no exception. We had two twin beds in our room, decent sized closed and small desk and there was also AC in the room.

The bathrooms were located just outside our room and down the hall so they were easy to access. There is a nice lounge area where you can watch dvds, drink, read and access their wifi.

The staff were kind and helpful, and also provide a simple toast and tea breakfast in the morning which is included.
private_erick private_…
homey atmosphere w/ great host! May 21, 2011
Being a first time traveler in sabah, i was referred by my friends to definitely stay at this hostel. Besides having a fellow kababayan as a host, the place is located at the heart of the city. They even covered my itinerary during my stay and gave all the best suggestions to go where, eat and maximize my stay. I love them and i will be back to conquer mt. Kinabalu.
receiving area and dining area at …
street and establishments near the…
oxygenintolerant oxygenin…
Affordable Accommodation in the Heart of Kota Kinabalu Sep 24, 2010
Kota Kinabalu is a small place. We literally covered the city center area on foot. Lavender Lodge is situated at the center of the city center. :)

There are food choices just across the street, around the corner, etc. Basically, almost every block or two. You can reach 3 to 4 shopping malls within a span of 15 minutes from the hostel. In fact, the first mall you'll encounter will be around 3 minutes away.

There's a Long Distance Taxi Station and Long Distance Bus Station around 2 to 3 blocks away from the hostel. You can take these if you want to go to other areas in Sabah (outside Kota Kinabalu).

The Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal can be reached on foot within 20 minutes. Or you can take a cab, which would cost around RM 10 (more or less). This is where you'll take the ferry to the other islands for diving, snorkeling, beach bumming, or water sports. Those staying in the Lavender Lodge can present a voucher that gives a discount against the fare and also on some water sports. (NOTE: This was available in May 2010. I cannot vouch for this being available all year round.)

The price of a twin sharing room (no private bathroom) costs USD 22 per room (as of May 2010) and consists of 2 single beds, a table, an airconditioner, and a cabinet. The room we stayed in was clean and has lots of space to move around.

The hostel also has dorm rooms that would cost USD 10 per person and private rooms that range from USD 20 to USD 30 per room (depending on the number of beds or people that it can accommodate).

Breakfast (toast, jam, butter, and coffee) is included with the price.

The hostel also has a computer terminal that you can use to upload your photos or simply get in touch with friends. It also has a lounge where you can watch DVD's or cable TV.

A for-a-fee pool table is also available. You have to pay for tokens that make the table work. Unfortunately, I forgot how much it costs per game.

The ladies managing the hotel are courteous, helpful, and patient (considering that I ask the same questions in different form multiple times just to be sure) :) They even give you tips on where to go and how to go.

We didn't go up Mount Kinabalu but the hostel does have tie-ups with tour operators so you can book your trip with the reception desk.

[Sorry, I didn't take photos of the hostel, its rooms, nor its surroundings. Room photos are available in the hostel's website.]

Check Lavender Lodge Rates and Deals