Laura & Oak Alley Plantations

New Orleans, Louisiana

Laura & Oak Alley Plantations New Orleans Reviews

amandalaren amandala…
Loved the Plantations Aug 08, 2012
I went on this tour because I've always loved southern mansions - they hold so much history and are gorgeous. I wish I could have taken a picture of the window with the name scratched into it by a diamond in a girls wedding ring (I think her name was Elizabeth). I totally forgot to do that.

We booked through Isabelle's tours and our driver was probably the best part. Muriel knew SO much about the cajun and creole history as well as the local information about the french side and the cajun side. She taught us so much on the hour drive out to the sites that the homes were almost a sideshow (though gorgeous). She knew french and english and made it so fun. She even knew all of the big bumps and let us know when they were coming so we (in the back seat) would be prepared. Now THAT is dedication and kindness.

She told us lots of good restaurants and shows to see. We agreed that Johnny's Po'Boys was the best place to get one and ended up dropping off two couples there on the drive home (while wishing we could also). She was fantastic and I definitely urge you to book with her.

Amanda - Michigan
ewrewr12 ewrewr12
Oak alley was great May 04, 2012
We bought tickets for this tour on the street and got picked up at the hotel.

It takes about an hour and a half to get out to the plantation and the guide was talking along the way out there.

once we arrived at the plantation we found out that if we would have driven ourselves out there it would have only cost $18 to get in and do the tour that way. and the employees of the plantation do the tour, so literally it would have been the exact same tour.

But i still give this 4 stars because it was a great place, the oak trees are amazing, and we did enjoy ourselves. and if you dont have a car, def book the tour and pay extra for the ride out.
aracnatec aracnatec
Oct 31, 2007
This tour I booked with tours by Isabelle (http://www.toursbyisabelle.com/) the lady that brought us there gave us a whole history abour New Orleans (in 2 languages I might add) so time flew, she was very knowledgable! I learned a lot.

The Oak Alley tour was great, the ladies were all in costume and I indeed walked the grounds with a mint jullep in my hand. Very gone with the wind.

The Laura plantation was totally diffrent since that was a creole plantation, The woman ruled there like nobody's business ;)

The lady that gave the tour was excellent. I would defenitly recommend to do this tour!!!
Oak Alley
dahling says:
I wish I would have known this when I was there, but a reason to go again. Thanks for the review
Posted on: Jul 10, 2008