Latin School of Chicago

(312) 255-1621

Latin School of Chicago Reviews

jenniescharm jenniesc…
What makes Chicago so great Jul 08, 2008
After indulging in a little too much time in the sun one day in Chicago, I decided to take pity on my bright pink skin and spend a couple of hours indoors. I knew about all the usual suspects - the art museums, the natural history museum, the aquarium - but where could I go that was uniquely Chicago? Thanks to the brochures at the hotel, I found the Chicago History Museum (chicagohs.org). A easy bus ride from my hotel on Michigan Ave, the museum was a great way to learn a little bit about how Chicago came to be Chicago. The audio tour is included in the $14 entry fee, so pick it up and listen along. Plugged in, I couldn't believe it when I had to call a friend of mine to say an hour wasn't enough and I'd be a little late getting back to the hotel. Two hours later, I was happy I had taken the time to venture away from the usual suspects.

While I was there, the museum also had an exhibit on Catholics in Chicago. Interesting, but I really wished I was there at the time of the fashion/couture exhibit. There's also a really unique collection of dioramas, an audio tours for teens, and a kids section for younger visitors.

Check Chicago Hotel Deals