Latin Cafe 2000

875 Northwest 42nd Avenue Miami Florida 33126-3641, Miami Beach, FL, USA

Latin Cafe 2000 Miami Beach Reviews

Flygerl Flygerl
Cafe Cuban Flavor Jun 20, 2011
At the Latin Cafe 2000 they serve cuban cuisine. I opted to take my food to go instead of eat in. After sitting down at the bar the gentleman I sat next to had a delicious looking plate that appeared to be oxtails, rice, black beans and a soup. My choice was a Monday special Boliche Asado. This is Cuban Style Eye Round Roast and there is a choice of two sides. It's my guess that the normal sides are rice and black beans. I chose plantains and vegetables. I was not clear with the server because I desired fried plantains but I got the sweet plantains. The dominant language here at the cafe is spanish as the menu is spanish first then english. I automatically tend to try to translate using my limited spanish which is what I do when I am in spanish speaking countries or places. The plantains were seared, great texture, mildly sweet similar to eating a sweet potato thats sauteed but with a banana character. I will say I prefer plantains thinner sliced and/or fried. Boliche Asado was awesome. The raosted meat is in a thick stewish gravy that contained peas and carrots as well as garlic and maybe a little curry as well asother spices. It would have been perfect with rice. The mixed vegatable were cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. The vegetables were very natural maybe boiled with little salt and butter. I decided to anchor the vegetables in the asado and I liked it. I would definitely revisit this cafe. Lastly I had to have an empenada. The chicken empanada was filled with shredded chicken, onions with a tomato sauce. The crust was seasoned and pliable not crispy but excellent.

Check Miami Beach Hotel Deals