Last Samurai

214 West 600 South, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
(801) 596-2293
Last Samurai - Salmon sushi!
Last Samurai - A big yoroi and katana
Last Samurai - A geisha picture at the wall
Last Samurai - The entrance of LAST SAMURAI
Last Samurai - baking at front of us,open kitchen area
Last Samurai - Menu

Last Samurai Salt Lake City Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
The faithfulness Japanese sushi Jan 20, 2012
We wanted to visit the Japanese restaurant at close to the hotel as there was snowing and snow covered the road. The front desk offered us the LAST SAMURAI.

The restaurant has a big sign drawing a Torii of shrine with red is like a gate of shrine. We saw that sign before check in at hotel. so it was easy find that place.

It was friday night,I'm not sure that a why they were a little crowed by this. We waited around 10min at the entrance. There were a family from Korean and an american young couple. There was a big water tank for fishes at close to the entrance. Sometimes we have the water tank at restaurant for they keep fresh fishes there,but it was not for this,there were some kinds of tropical fishes for enjoy. Next to the water tank,there is a big Yoroi which is samurai wearing at the war,it kind of the cloth but made by iron for protect them body. I saw a Geisha picture on the wall also. That is nice atmosphere of Japan.

They has table area and open kitchen area. Maybe table area is for coming there take only sushi I guess. We didn't know what we could take so we went to the open kitchen area with an older couple.

I ordered a fried salmon. And salmon sushi just for tasting. That salmon put on fat as we called it Toro salmon in Japan. That's meaning quite high quality. Of course I loved it.

They started baking vegitables,chicken for my daughter,shrimps for Michael,Salmon for me and an another old man at the same table. And suddenly,the cook said that open your mouth as they throw fling a piece of shrimp into our mouth. That was so fun although I couldn't catch it.

It was nice dinner time at good restaurant.
The entrance of LAST SAMURAI
A big yoroi and katana
Salmon sushi!
yasuyo says:
Posted on: Feb 05, 2012
yasuyo says:
Thank you very much everyone!
I hope you all having great weekend and happy travelings:)
Posted on: Feb 04, 2012
bernard69 says:
congrats on your featured review:)
Posted on: Feb 04, 2012