Las Vegas Grand Canyon West Rim Tour

Las Vegas, Nevada
Las Vegas Grand Canyon West Rim Tour - West Rim Grand Canyon, AZ
Las Vegas Grand Canyon West Rim Tour - West Rim Grand Canyon, AZ skywalk
Las Vegas Grand Canyon West Rim Tour - Joshua tree (plant)
Las Vegas Grand Canyon West Rim Tour - West Rim Grand Canyon, AZ

Las Vegas Grand Canyon West Rim Tour Reviews

emmytravel emmytrav…
Las Vegas Grand Canyon West Rim in Arizona Oct 05, 2013
Grand Canyon West Rim. Booked the tour for the West Rim Deluxe. Lucky for us. The West Rim is owned by the Indians so Govt shutdown did not impact the tour. Indians got a real monetary windfall when all the North/South rim tours scrambled to get access to the Indian West Rim. I booked through LVGCT (grandtourslv.

Joshua Tree (Plant not tree)

com or lasvegasgrandcanyontour.com) and got a discount on the upgraded deluxe tour - $129.

1) off and riding at 600am, heading to Arizona, the West Rim of the Canyon. The tour bus was 30 mins late. Box lunch of a large muffin, bottle of OJ, apple and cheese/peanutbutter crackers. Because we were on this tour we could leave our overnight bag on the bus at all times and never had to wait in line for shuttles to take us places, our tour was only one that did not use shuttles and stayed with us (except at Eagle Point). We saw the Joshua trees which are plants not trees. The age of plant is determined by number of branches, it is 10 years old for EACH branch it has. Bus was airconditioned, of course. But it was overcast, cool and even rainy! In the Mojave desert it was drizzling rain.

I was forewarned to dress warm because more often than not the canyon is cool/cold. So we wore jeans, socks, I had my crocs still, and my hoodie. Yet because it was overcast and wet I was still COLD. We stopped at an Indian gift shop for 30 mins of shopping then off to the Eagle Point. That is where the skywalk is located and two gift shops. The hot chocolate was great to warm my hands with. There was no indoor seating of enclosed shelter, just outdoor picnic tables, still wet from rain and made of cold holding metal. Off to the meal with the Indians, BBQ pulled beef or BBQ chicken pieces, mixed veggies, mashed potato's, salad and a Smores cookie, bottled water and coffee/tea. Seating was outside, but metal tables had been wiped down.

The view from the dinner area was so spectacular, so many directions to view from, it was amazing. Walked around a bit to see it all, then I took shelter from the cold and damp in the waiting bus, an advantage the other tour groups did not have. Traveling back the bus slowed (no stopping allowed, posted by signs) so we did get a glimpse of the Hoover dam. Found out it was contracted to build in 1930, depression era and 30,000 folks showed up for the 5,000 jobs the overflow of folks is how Boulder City came to be built.
West Rim Grand Canyon, AZ