Las Rosas

Comunidad Las Rosas, Los Gigantes, Spain

Las Rosas Los Gigantes Reviews

MrD3071 MrD3071
Every rose has its thorns Feb 02, 2011
Ahh Las Rosas, this place brings back memories. I've stayed at this resort twelve of the thirteen times that I've visited Tenerife! As resorts go, this is my standard, when someone says 'tourist resort' this is the place that springs directly to mind.

Located up the hill in Los Gigantes, Tenerife, Las Rosas is nestled in a prime position, tourist central. I'm afraid to say that in the past twenty years, Los Gigantes has become a tourist haven, particularly among my fellow British kin. I haven’t been in 6 years now, I can only imagine how it has... digressed.

The resort itself is beautiful, with two (over chlorinated) pools, one smaller/shallower for children and one larger for the rest, a modestly priced bar/restaurant open all day, out door pool and tennis courts nearby, there is plenty to do. Failing that, you could just relax under a hot sun, hiding between the giant straw umbrellas to keep shady. The small houses/bungalows on site are cleaned daily, kept cool by aircon and are just generally quite pleasant to stay in during your trip. Maybe the best thing is looking at the beautiful cliff backdrop over a row of palm trees.

The surrounding area is pretty nice, plenty of shops, tourist or otherwise, cafes and a few clubs scattered around. Heading down to the coast offers some nice sea food restaurants, the beach and more. If you happen to own/rent a car you can drive to some of brilliant golf courses nearby, or visit some of the other attractions like Loro Park.

Unfortunately I have no pictures, which is a shame because its one of the 'prettier' resorts. Although I for one stand against tourist resorts, I'll no doubt bring my kids back here one day, I guess having been here so many times I've got a certain fondness to the place.
Las Rosas Map