Las Iguanas

0151 709 4030

Las Iguanas Liverpool Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
A little bit of everything and more May 08, 2015
Las Iguanas is situated in Liverpool One and is a Latin American inspired restaurant. On the occasions I’ve been here we’ve always been ‘walk- ins’ usually being advised of a 30 minute wait or so for a table, which is not a problem given the offer of 2 for 1 cocktails at the bar. However, given the popularity of the restaurant I would advise booking a table if this is specifically where you want to eat.

The menu is varied from Burger and Fries, to Mexican inspired Fajitas and Enchiladas, to Brazilian Curries, the choice is yours. On the occasions I’ve eaten here I’ve tried a number of the dishes, from the Blazing bird (spiced chicken and fries), Burger & fries– the burger was huge, to Fajita’s and Burritos . However, my favourite so far has to be the Brazilian inspired Camarao a la Criolla which was a dish of plump prawns in a sauce of peppers, tomatoes, parsley, coriander, garlic, paprika, coconut milk, cumin & lime. This came with chilli & garlic buttered tortillas & spring onion & garlic rice – simply devine.

The restaurant itself is quite large, but tables do tend to be situated quite close to one another, giving it the feel of more like a fast food eatery than an actual restaurant. The bar area takes up one side of the restaurant and is always quite crowded, often two/three people deep. The seating area adjacent to the bar where you wait for your table is on the small side and does get over crowded, so much so people do tend to spill onto the decking area outside the restaurant.

Service can be a little on the slow side too once you have placed your order as I tend to think they’re understaffed for the number of covers that they take. However, the waiting on staff have always been attentive.

As I mentioned before there is always an offer on for 2 for 1 cocktails during the ‘Happy hour’ which is from all day Sunday - Wednesday, 12pm - 7pm and then from 10pm till late Thursday - Saturday.

Las Iguanas has a seating area outside, so if the weather is nice, it’s perfect place to enjoy a meal, sip a cocktail and watch the world go by.
Burger & Fries
Camarao a la Criolla
lilibushan lilibush…
That holiday feeling Dec 13, 2012
Liverpool was a day trip out for the Ice Festival, located at Liverpool One. I had looked up food places to stop off at for 'tea time' during the trip, and found this Latin-American restaurant/bar. Me and my friends promptly opted for this choice, as we have a love for the South America feel. Upon arriving at the Ice Festival, we quickly noticed (to our delight) that 'Las Iguanas' was in fact located about 20 yards away.

We did get straight in, but it was very busy inside. However, this didn't bother us in the slightest as we loved the atmosphere and setting straight away (Latino music with images of Rio etc.) We were told that it would be about a 45 minute wait to be seated, (turned out to be about 30 minutes) so we went to the bar for cocktails...which were delicious. All the drinks were based on Latin America, and so was all the food. I opted for a mild 'Chimachunga', and it didn't disappoint. Along with our meals, we decided on Tequila shots to add to the experience - there was a lot of choice.

Prices were reasonable = £48 between 3 for the food and some drinks.

I would definitely go back, but make a whole evening of it next time.
Las Iguanas, Liverpool