Las Iguanas

Quayside, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Las Iguanas - The beautiful location
Las Iguanas - 'Blazing Bird'
Las Iguanas - The bar area
Las Iguanas - The interior
Las Iguanas - The exterior

Las Iguanas Cambridge Reviews

austin37335 austin37…
Potentially good but let down by poor service - but read the P.S. Aug 09, 2012
This Las Iguanas has a particularly beautiful location next to the River Cam in the centre of Cambridge. The Latino style restaurant has a Mexican/Brazilian bias to the menu and the decor supports that theme.

I was alone and initially asked for an outside table but I learned that only a restricted bar menu was available to the outdoor tables. I was therefore shown to a table inside the restaurant. Unsurprisingly, all the window tables with those beautiful views of the river were already occupied.

I sat for ten minutes before my order was finally taken. I went for the Barbacoa style ‘Blazing Bird’ which is a half chicken cooked in a spicy sauce with chips and coleslaw. I also ordered a pint of lager. I then waited to a full thirty minutes before the meal arrived with no sign of my beer. The waitress brought it soon after I pointed out that I was still waiting for it. They could have sold another pint if it had arrived straight away as I would have been ready for another by the time the food arrived.

When it did arrive unfortunately the food wasn’t great, the plate had hardly been warmed, the sauce wasn’t very spicy despite the menu claim that it was ‘flaming hot habenero’ and the chips were bland and tasteless. Unusually, the ankle was still on the chicken leg which didn't add to the visual appeal.

As I paid the bill the manager stood over me operating the card payment machine as I filled in a customer survey form. This was a little unfair and I didn’t want to give a bad report about their service with him stood there watching so they got a false impression of their quality from my form. I wonder whether these on the spot feedback forms ever give a true picture?

I hope my experience wasn’t typical because this place has all the makings of being a great restaurant. A fabulous location, nice menu and well thought out ambience could make this place a gem but sadly I have to score as per my experience and it’s not recommended on the basis of this visit.

P.S. I have been contacted by two senior managers who gave me chance to explain the circumstances behind my cause for complaint. They apologised and explained how measures had been put in place to improve the presentation of the food and that the staff concerned have been retrained.

It's great to know that my complaints were taken seriously and is a sign that the quality of their customers' experience is important to to them. I'm sure that this will lead to improved quality control and I'm now happy to recommend that you give it a try. Consequently my rating has been improved.
The beautiful location
The exterior
The interior
The bar area
ilserita says:
Congrats on your feture, Paul! :)
monky says:
Congrats on the feature Paul! have a great week:)
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature!
The location is very nice. Hopefully they will improve their service too!

Check Cambridge Hotel Deals