Las Americas Super Mercado and Restaurant

2118 E 3rd, Tulsa, OK, USA

Las Americas Super Mercado and Restaurant Tulsa Reviews

jmauden jmauden
Affordable, authentic Mexican food Jul 29, 2008
Las Americas is a great, locally owned restaurant in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They've been around for years and really have their recipes down. We started shutting our office down early once a month, so we could go there and have tacos and beers with our co-workers. It's a really laid back atmosphere, but if you go for lunch, go early! It's a very popular place and it can be a long wait to order your food.

The service is good here. Immediately when you sit down, you're greeted with homemade salsa and chips. The waitresses leave you alone to enjoy your meal, but check your table from across the room to bring you more chips, salsa or beverage when you need it.

The food is delicious. Everything is made with food from the mercado that is located in the same building. It's all fresh, nothing is microwaved. They are really known for their carne asada. I don't know what they use to marinate it, but my mouth waters just thinking about it! My personal favorite is the Mexican taco. I like mine on a flour tortilla with carne asada. All they put on it is onions and cilantro, a little special salsa and serve it with a lime. AMAZING. My co-workers and I have been on a mission to find a better taco, but we have yet to do so.

The drinks are huge... at least 32 ozs. The only thing to be desired is their beer menu. They offer a more "Americanized" import beer selection, ie Corona and Tecate.

The prices are more than accommodating. Two tacos and a beer is right at about $5.00. They have HUGE platters that are around $5.99. They also do catering... you can guarantee I'll be using their services at my next fiesta!

Las Americas is hands-down my favorite Mexican restaurant in Tulsa.
PhinsAndGills says:
Mexican food is my FAVORITE! If I get that way, I'll stop, without a doubt! :) THANKS for the review!
Posted on: Aug 19, 2008